Doc's never ending adventure

Obsession is right! Best, most rewarding hobby I have ever taken up.

Update- semi failure.
So I made the dry ice hash, while I had done this fresh frozen dry ice hash before, not in the quantity of flower I did this time. My bags got all gummed up and I lost alot of purity switching to a larger micron bag. I pressed some immediatly and sadly I used the wrong size micron bag (90). Some of the hash came right through. I thought maybe I had blown out the bag but that was not the case. The material was very wet and sadly it shows in the rosin. Got lil over 14 grams of hash though. Its sticky as all get out and vastly more pliable then my past run. Snapped a few pics so you can see. The water contamination in the rosin is super obvious.

2 Likes

@Nubie419plus1 anytime! This is my lil corner of the boards. If I can help, I totally will. If I cant, prolly be able to tell ya who can.

1 Like

Look into prepper sites. We prep a bit, ya know everyone called us crazy until covid hit and we were the only ones with tp…lol. But they sell several types of bags and containers that would fit thit application perfectly. We use them for dry rice beans ect

1 Like

2month supply from my patriot supply. Good for 25 years :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is the only diff in autos and photos is flipping light cycle to 12/12 when your ready? I know its a rookie ? But considering giving it a shot next run.

As far as growth peramiters, yes. Autos can be grown under an 18/6 light cycle and will flower without ever changing it. Autos do have a few quirks about them but, I feel the rapid harvest time is worth the “quirks”. You can have multiple harvests in a single grow season outside.

1 Like

Im growing autos atleast first 2 grows but thats all ive done my research on. Ive been running my lights 24/7 do i need to cut back? Everyone seems to have a diffrent way. Lol it gets overwhelming so many different ways.

1 Like

Thats the truth. While the plant can be grown under 24 hr light, doing so is stressful and unatural, If you think about. What plant, in nature is lit 24/7? Aside from Alaska, max sun time is gonna be 18 hrs. So I say yes, 18/6 straight through.

1 Like

Rigged my Extreme Q to my bong and filled the bowl with weed hash weed hash weed (layered) nummy, there is an airleak somewhere so no milky clouds but still very nice!

2 Likes

Question for ya, every site seems to say sog is the way to go to get max yield per space/time yet i dont see it much on here…what gives? I was planning on trying sog for first grow but figured id best learn the way they grew naturaly first.

1 Like

IMO SOG is a great way to keep you in trim jail, and limits you to a single strain at any given time.
Its less a maximization of yield per space and more just constant harvesting. It can be very difficult to give many plants in varied stages the propper light the same space, not to mention the plants prefered RH by growth phase.
The best way to maximize space is SCROG with photoperiod plants. Keeping a mother and cloneing her out would save you in seeds, but cloning has its own difficulties. Really “whats the best way” is whatever way works with your space, time, and ability.
I thought I would sog also before I discovered autoflowers. The ability to harvest relativly quickly to keep myself in different strains so I dont have to reset my sog everytime I want a new strain changed my mind. Id do SCROG but in my tiny apartment, I need to be able to pull my plants in and out of the tent for watering, training and care. Been thinking about doing photos but I decided to wait till I no longer live in this apartment.

2 Likes

Rookie ?, how do you know when youre out of seedling and into veg?

Once the first set of true leaves (5 or more fingers) shows.

1 Like

Whatcha think?

2 Likes

Leaves ok or am i killing her slowly?

1 Like

Im not sure my friend. Im not the geatest diagnosticion. Fortunately there are a bunch of good ones here. @PurpNGold74 @Borderryan22 @Covertgrower @MidwestGuy @Myfriendis410 are bright bulbs here they may be able to direct you. I can say that it seams really early for any P or K deficiency. Rule that out.

Its on older or lower leaves so its likely a mobile nutrient issue.

It looks alot like cal/mag but not at the same time. It even looks like nutes got on those leafs and burned them. One of those I tagged will clear it up. Dont fret, she will be ok long enough to get it figured.

5 Likes

It almost looks like phosphorus, but let’s see if the others tagged have a little more insight.

3 Likes

Its a good possibillity i splashed them before i knew how to propperly water em.

2 Likes

That happens. The top growth looks fine. I’d go with nute splash unless it start moving up the plant. Just keep an eye on it.

2 Likes