Doc's never ending adventure

I am currently doing two plants with Jacks. They have only recieved a single feed. Many on this forum use Jacks in combination with coco coir and perlite as a medium.

This is wise. Nutes are but a small portion of the requirement for large and potent harvests.

2 Likes

From Jacks. Do I just need to order the 3 part-- Feed, Boost and Epsom?

Part A then epsom then part b and you want to dissolve each part fully into solution before adding the next.

I use Cultured Biologix nutes. That is how you mix them also.

I volunteer at a grow store and I have customers ask for Jacks and wondered if that is all I need to order from them.

2 Likes

I believe so. Lets ask @Graysin to be sure. She uses Jacks regularly.

1 Like

Part A, and Part B.

The A is the phosphorus, potassium, and micronutrients like magnesium, iron, etc.

Part B is the calcium and the nitrogen (in the form of calcium nitrate)

Epsom salts are widely available anywhere from Walgreens to Fred Meyer/Smith’s/Kroger in the healthcare aisles. Unscented pure Epsom. It’s magnesium sulfate, which provides the magnesium Part A doesn’t, and sulfur, another key micronutrient.

Just need Feed and Boost, no real need to get the Epsom from them directly unless it’s just an ease thing.

They have a million other products but they’re not necessary to get a great grow in.

3 Likes

Thank you ma’am. I will order all 3 for the store.

2 Likes

@Graysin my first feed with Jacks went well. The plants loved it and it was easy to mix, which I loved too! Thanks for hooking me up

1 Like

My pleasure. Glad it’s working out well. I need to get the new bag of Part A out of my trunk. :rofl: mine have been without for almost a week due to sheer laziness.

1 Like

Truer words do not exist. He’s guided me to some beautiful ladies. If i was single and not married… thanks Doc.

3 Likes

Should have added that quote to the post ontop if this one

2 Likes

Good morning my new plant at 12days.
Look at the little leaves popping. So I guess lst.

2 Likes

Not alot you can do for lst till cple more nodes come up, she is still technically a seedling.

2 Likes

I just gently push over so the light can hit the little leaves underneath.

@Docnraq is right… Don’t go too rough on her now, it will only slow her down :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Ok thanks. Doc is one person I trust with suggestions

1 Like

Let me ask ya, in your experiance do autos get any bigger/better in a 5 gallon over a 3 gallon bag? Or do you get more out of 2 3 gallon when space is limited?

There is the potential for a larger plant in a 5 gal pot. However, it needs to be in conjunction with a propper light. Youll get more from a single plant under a 150 watt light in a 5 gal then two 3 gals under the same light. (This isnt accounting for any of the other factors that contribute to overall plant size and resulting harvest quantity)

2 Likes

HLG 300L R SPEC 250W in 2x4 but can put in 3x3 if better.

Was just thinking about going 5 gallon this run but didnt know if it was worth my time being autos or if i should stick to 2 and 3 gallon…seeing what popular opinion is from past experiances.

1 Like