Doc's never ending adventure

Doc I have a couple of questions. First can you tell me if these will be ready by the end of September? Second, I will be leaving for about a week starting October 11th, will it be safe to leave my plants drying without checking on them?
If I need to ask for help I’d like to know ahead of time.

1 Like

Looks like I forgot to attach pictures.

1 Like

Pics say no, got like 4 weeks or so if I had to guess.
Is that your outdoor monster? Beautiful looking flowers!

Depends on your drying conditions. Best to dry slow at 65%rh over 10-14+ days in room temp or below (60-65 degrees is primo dry temp, I dry at 75-78 degrees) so if you are needing to add humidity being gone for a week might screw you on refilling your humidifier) as long as you have good circulation and propper ventilation you can be gone for a week pretty care free. The only concern would be if you got rot or mold or mildew during dry you wouldnt be there to spot it, and remove those buds to stop the spread. Insure you have good circulation and ventilation of dry space and you should be in good shape. Try not to dry under 50% rh or over 65% .

If you have someone you can trust to watch over your ladies while they dry, I would. Everyone has that 1 friend who is loyal as they come but dumb as a stump…dont ask them :smile:

3 Likes

Omg Im laughing so hard over here. I have more than one like that. :laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

Me too, would help me bury a body but might get lost in a paper bag.

3 Likes

I have known this guy and his wife for 25+ years I trust him and her. I will ask them to babysit. Thanks

3 Likes

Also, except for the humidity, I have a perfect, in my opinion, drying room. I can set temp and ventilation as needed only humidity that has to be monitored.
Main thing I know but I will get it covered.
Thanks

1 Like

Get yourself something like this. This particular model will allow you to check on your humidity level while your not home. Couple this with a humidifier that uses a click on switch. Something you can leave in the on position allowing the controller to start or stop it by allowing or stopping power to the device. This way your friends only responsibilities are to maintain the humidifiers water and spot check for mold. Did that make sense? Im pretty high right now.

You are most welcome my friend.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. I most definitely will. I would hate to lose my smoke. This grow is going to save me 100.00/ mo on med. mj. Should last me at least a year if I don’t give it all away. With cold weather coming I want to try autos next!

2 Likes

Yeah that would be no good.
Here is a three part series on harvest, dry, and cure. I follow it and have had great success. Although you wont be drying in a grow tent, the the technique is still the same. Bill Ward is a skilled old hand and I am always learning something from his videos.

I think you will do great with autoflowers! They move very quickly. They wont get as big as a photoperiod but they are everybit as potent. Once Im done with all my autoflower seeds (sometime next year) I am switching to photos. In my limited space I feel like having one or two photos will give me a better final yield, on fewer seeds.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips and the info. I am doing my best to stay patient. Fortunately the 2 autos I grew gave me some pretty potent smoke even though in hindsight and with what all of you have shared I realize that I harvested early. I did dry completely and cured for 3 weeks, burping twice a day for two weeks then once per day for the last week. All done of course in the dark.
Still looking forward to checking this Blue Cheese out.

1 Like

Update- wont be ready by the 26th as I was wishing it would be. Another week at least.

Amelia is doing great, she has grown considerably in the last week. I pushed her soil tds to 1600 today think she can handle it, been a few hours and no burn yet.

2 Likes

Looking good! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Thanks Beck! Hows it going for ya?

1 Like

Battling bud rot outdoors like everyone in the northeast
Lol

2 Likes

Man, I look forward to outdoors but I dont like the idea of mother nature deciding weather I have enough bud or any at all.

2 Likes

Agreed. Plus inside I can pull up a chair and cruise all evening hot or cold regardless of the weather.

1 Like

@Paitend welcome to my lil corner on the boards.

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

So big she couldn’t even upload! :laughing: I wanna see her!

1 Like