Doc's never ending adventure

Not needed or ya use a different method?

2 Likes

I think its a good product and is effective but Ive not needed it. You get the same effect using 3x the volume of your pot in phd water. Sledgehammer would definatly decrease the amount of time it takes to propperly flush each plant.

1 Like

Use Sledgehammer like this. Full strength at 2 tsp per gallon. Do not dilute it further. This is from FF product support.

To perform a flush with the Sledgehammer product, you will want to prepare the mixture at a rate of 2 tsp per gallon of water. You will use the Sledgehammer standalone. Pour the solution over the soil and use about twice as much solution to flush as you would if you were normally watering or feeding. For example, if on a normal watering you use a half gallon, for a flush you would use a whole gallon. Once this is done, let the soil dry completely. After that you can pick up with the next feeding as scheduled.

1 Like

Do you have to wait for a few days for your soil t9 dry before feeding? If you flush it remives nutrient leaving little to none behind is this not the case when you use sledghammer?

Yes. But I’m in Rain Science bags, and they dry in the same amount of time from a flush as any other watering.

I use airpots so the same happens for me as for the length of wet time. If I dont feed same day as flush my plant turns yellow.

As soon as the soil is dry you can feed again.

1 Like

And to be clear, Sledgehammer is washing away the built-up salts that your plant wasn’t able to use. It isn’t depleting everything like flushing with several gallons of water.

2 Likes

That just seems off to me, I dont see how you can wash away the salts without taking the nutes with it. It obviously works for you, or you wouldnt use it but Id need to know the secret before Id trust it to do as good a job at resetting the soil as standard flush. Have you ever run comparison? Like one flushed with sledghammer another with water then soil slurry?

It is saponin, and I don’t think it is “resetting” your soil.

SledgeHammerÂŽ is a unique rinse formula designed to remove fertilizer buildup which may relieve nutrient lockout. Derived from saponin, an extract of the Yucca schidigera plant. SledgeHammerÂŽ is designed for organic gardening and can be used for both hydroponic and soil applications.

2 Likes

I just read, think it was caligurl or jane or maybe kellydans saying yucca powder is a wetting agent helps make hydrophobic soil accept water better. This explains alot thanks for hanging in there with me Newt!

1 Like

@HeyJB this is my running journal.

1 Like

Sweet thanks. Set to watch and set to learn!

1 Like

Watering day, Ill update on plants in a cple hours when they wake up. My seedling, pictured 6 days ago, has dbled in size. I think she hit the 2nd 1/3 of the pot and found all the yummy nutes in there!

2 Likes

If your interested in seeing my journey till now

These are all my journals, just search by title.

1 Like

Appreciate the help

1 Like

Anytime my friend!

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Me 3. :grin:

1 Like

Thought id show off this pro tucking skill. This is Amelia, 6 days ago I posted a pic of her. She has grown so much since then.

5 Likes