Do your physicians do random or regular drug testing?

WOW ! Good Info. I worked in medicine for 35 years as a Navy Corpsman and a P.A. and used to have to have my workers take hair samples from the commercial Truck Driver candidates. I never (in four years of doing D.O.T. physicals) had someone test positive for MJ. Guess that is the reason !

Hi Everyone … my dreaded peepee test is coming up next week. I wasn’t sure how long I had to go before it would be out of my system. I was a daily smoker so I quit 4 weeks ago just to make sure it doesn’t show up. I read all kinds of statistics about how long it stays in your system … from a week to months. I figured since I was a woman and had more fat cells than a guy, I better err on the safe side, since THC binds to our fat cells.

Cazman … my doctor said she didn’t have a problem with me using it for pain, but still I get tested for it and she will withhold my pain medicine or lower it if I show positive. I have to see her every six months for cancer follow-up and I know I’ll be tested each time. I wish my state had a medical THC law. We’re so backwards in Virginia!
MT

What happened budbd? Did you have to go back for another test?
MT

If you are stressed about taking the test. you can pretest yourself and kits are easy to come by at any pharmacy. Just in case you did’nt know.

Jeffro

4 weeks clean you should be fine. Make sure that your first morning pee isn’t tested!! Good luck

Thanks everyone. I’ll be glad to get this over with tomorrow. I’m making cannabutter today for the first time and hope to try it tomorrow.
MT

I simmer the butter 4-5 hours, works for me…

Thanks kabongster! I’m right at 5 hours now. I think I’ll get it ready to strain. Can you tell me how many grams are in a 1/2 cup of the butter. My math sucks and for the life of me, I can’t get a grip on it. I used 1 ounce of weed and 2 cups of butter.

MT

I did a 15 year dance with the pain doctors myself after a devastating accident involving a speeding truck. Prior to getting my MMJ license, in my state marijuana was not a disqualifier. I’m curious if it’s your doctors personal rules or if it’s your state rules? (clean for 2.5 years, by the grace of God only)

I’m also curious what kind of marijuana you’re smoking, because nothing compares to morphine, just my opinion

• I wish you all the best! Hang in there

I don’t do math, either…just eat and enjoy.

Make the brownies, cut them into equal sizes in the “dosage” you want.
Eat one, wait and judge the effects and modify to suit. It’s different from smoking, a slower onset.
I know it has worked when I don’t think about getting more of a buzz on :wink:

Thanks Paranorman! I live in VA and there is no medical MMJ here. It’s still highly illegal. All the pain prescribers in this state do random drug testing. I have to see the doctor twice a year and that’s when they do the drug test. I’m not sure what other states do testing when you’re taking pain meds regularly. There are quite a few … some of the guys that have responded to this thread have reported that when they were tested positive, they were kicked out of their pain clinic program. I wish we had a MMJ law on the books. What is ironic is my significant other also takes pain meds for bone spurs and he’s never been tested. It wouldn’t be a problem for him as he doesn’t use cannabis.
If I should test positive today, I’ll find out by letter in about two weeks.
MT

PS … I forgot to say that I used Super Silver Haze to make the butter. I’m going to plant 3 SSH and 3 White Widow this year. I grow outside, so can only do it once a year.

1 Like

Hi Kabongster!
I finished making the butter last night. Damn that stuff was really smelly. I would have rather smelled the smoke from a joint. It looks like it made about 2 cups of butter. Hard to say without measuring it. I’m going to use 1/2 cup in my brownie mix this afternoon. I read on-line the formula for figuring out the dosing, but you needed to know algebra … I flunked that in 8th grade! So I’ll cut them into equal sizes and start low and see what happens.

I’ll let you know … that way some others might be helped with figuring out how much THC/CBDs are in each piece. My best guess is about a 1/2 to 1 gram in each. Let me know if you find somebody who can do the math! :sunglasses:
MT

Hi, I got tested once a month to get my script and this was before we had the MMJ laws here, both doctors over the years told me that marijuana was not a disqualifier so I was curious that it might be your doctor maybe not being fond of that particular positive result… Good luck with your butter! I haven’t had brownies in so long! I can’t wait to get something cooking :slight_smile:

I just picked up an eighth of captains cake at my local dispensary oMG this stuff is probably the best I’ve had since they’ve been open! It’s a bit racy for me but boy it’s a real roller coaster ride and you know you’re on it! Lol

-be blessed!

Yes, smell it does…now imagine simmering up to 24 hrs :stuck_out_tongue: tho I’d use a crock pot for that amount of time.
Mix thoroughly, you want each brownie nearly the same…obvious, but it may be hard to get the butter mixed evenly.

Kabongster,
I just made the brownies … they smell so much better than the cannabutter! I tasted the butter while I was mixing everything, and I have to say, I didn’t like the taste of it at all. I’ll let you know what I find out after I run a test. I’m pretty sure there are 8 grams in the 9 x 13 pan, so if I cut 16 pieces that should make 0.5 gram in each piece. Ha! My math sucks.
MT :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Brownie update. I tried 1/2 of a small piece. I didn’t do a very good job of cutting the 18 pieces in equal sizes in a 13 x9 pan. Anyway … about an hour later I felt like I had taken about one or two puffs. I thought about eating the other half but decided to wait awhile longer. I’m glad I did cause about 1/2 hour later it hit me pretty good. After initially feeling like I wanted a nap, I perked back up. I used an 80% sativa strain in them and I also increased the amount of weed to 1 1/2 ounces per 4 sticks of butter.
I highly recommend giving this a try. Would be great for anyone with trouble getting to sleep.
Like I read on another site, when eating edibles it’s best to “go slow until you know.”
MT

1 Like

That is so awesome. I want to try to make some. LOL friends dad wanted to try a brownie, he used to smoke but had stopped along time ago. We used oil and cannabutter and it was strong. We warned him not to eat it all at once. He talked some shit then ate it all. Half hour later, he’s crawling across the floor dizzy begging us to make it stop while throwing up. Lol they where to strong. I slept for a hole day.
James

1 Like

JJ … that was funny! The brownies I made taste so bad, I can’t stand to eat them. I tried half a small piece and waited two hours and nothing happened. I did this two days in a row. If they didn’t taste so awful I would try a bigger piece again next time.
MT

1 Like

The problem in this country is we have too many old out of touch people running it, they still think the movie Reefer Madness was real, never mind the fact the police unions, prison guard unions and the investors in our out of control private prison complex are doing everything they can to stop legalization because they will lose jobs and billions in profits.
i have faith that in the end it will be legal everywhere in the near future there is too much forward momentum now for them to stop it.

I must have tested clean a few weeks ago cause I never heard back from the doctor. We talked about MMJ some more when I was there last month and how it’s legal in about half the states. She said she doubted that VA would legalize MMJ anytime soon and would probably be the last state to do so. Even if she personally has no problem with me using it … I don’t want to flunk anymore drug tests. It goes on your permanent medical record and I prefer to fly under the radar. I don’t want the medical community in my personal business … geez … they don’t test me for alcohol use so why for this.

Cazman … I think there’s a lot of truth in what you were saying about the privatization of our prison system.

MT

1 Like