Do you think I am ready to harvest Or flush?

And I thought I was inpatient…lol
I suppose u could but she’’ finish when she’s ready to.
I haven’t seen or read any where if there is any truth to that…” I’d be interested in seeing further testing on this method to determine one way or another whether this light schedule has any major benefits.

B Safe
Will

I could be mistaken but i do believe latewood has stated this to be truth once or twice in other threads which is why I am under the assumption that it is

I just found it look up flowering Marijuana faster,mac g and latewood explain how it can force plant to finish faster but with the risk of loss of yeild,so no definet benefit like you said besides finishing a few days faster

I hope he will jump in. I would like his opinion. but nothing changes unless you set the plant into bloom. Plants will sleep in the dark or light. Their growth pattern does not change, a plant can only produce so much foliage before needing to shut down and re-energize. So even at a 24/0, 20/4, 18/6, 16/8 light schedule, the plant will shut down and start up again once he/she is ready to wake back up. Again, thats’ once said plant has set a schedule for itself to survive. The only real time that we control a plant is when we feed or change the life cycle from Vegetative to Bloom. Outside of that all plants are living, they eat, breathe and grow at their own pace, not ours."

So why take the risk of loss. All that time working with the plants not to mention the money invested only to end up with a Hermie.

B Safe
Will

you look very close to the end i use 12hr ,but i dont understand why you want to speed it up at this late stage at a risk of loosing yield ? all the time and effort just be patient .

It’s better to wait.

Look people all he asked was a simple question that deserves a simple answer, yes you can force the plant to finish early by 11/13 or 10/14.now if you wanna go more in depth then the answer is yes but there is no real benefit besides finishing a few days faster,and if you go back and actually read what they have posted then you will see it says POSSIBLE risk of loss not for sure a risk of loss so take it for what it’s worth but like they said YES you can force the plant to finish faster and considering seeds run from 5 dollars to 20 dollars so if I buy a seed finish it early and it hermies or gives you say 4 zips instead of the 5 zips you were gonna get then how can you complain about that,you just got 1000 to 1250 worth of bud for 5 to 20 dollars,and if it hermies than free seeds so how could anyone ever look at that as being bad

I can lay this one to rest for good, as I have done multiple experiments and had thc analysis done following each experiment as my wife has a doctorate in chemistry and has lab access everyday.it’s simple, light degrades thc,we all know this so when your lights are on it is slowly degrading your thc,when lights are off your plant produces more resin glands which in turn means more thc production so if you drop your light period to 11 on 13 off or 10 on 14 off then that’s one to two hours a day (depending on which light schedule you are on) that your lights are not degrading thc and building more resin glands for more thc,so in short you can make your plant finish faster with no risk of yield, if you know what your doing, and in fact actually make your bud more potent. Like I said I have done many experiments with side by side identical grows and have had lab analysis done and have proven a benefit to this practice. Naysayers can argue if they want but the proof is in the lab results, and I hope this helps all

1 Like

Thank you so much everyone, really appreciate all the feedback and advice. So glad found ILGM, my baby looks so much better and bigger, after taking everyone advice and reading as much as can.
As I am very inpatient and so very excited… I am changing to 11/13.

You gone love your decision .

I already started flushing a couple days ago hope I’m not too soon

What light schedule you used ? They have plenty crystals and very sticky and green ?

I just switched to 10 on / 14 off .

I’m thinking you got about 4 weeks but that is only my thoughts. You only have a few brown hairs, I forgot what they are called, lol. Your still growing new white one. Patience is the key for better Buds.i would go back to adding nutes for about 2weeks.
Tom

You need to check your plant with a microscope an see if your trichomes are

1. are they still clear

2. are they milky and is there any Amber color. And at what % Amber

3. do you see Amber and how much % amber

When you see a lot of Amber color like 50 to say 60 % your ready to harvest.

This is how you can tell if your ready for harvest.

B Safe
Will

This is an outdoor grow

Doesn’t matter if it’s indoor or outdoor grow, its done the same way.
In your last picture , you see all thoughs crystals? By the way that is a very awesome pic…love it. They are called Trichrons. You need a good Mic say 60x100 to check these.
I’m not sure if you know this or not if you do i don’t mean any disrespect ok
But anyway I hope this helps you out.

B Safe
Will

Definitely not ready for any strain the plant looks to be putting too many white hairs out wait till you see them changing colors and decreasing back into the buds then check for coloring in the trichomes.