Do you have a recommendation for best soil ph tester? I ordered the common two prod inexpensive one and it does not work very well

Even better. Thank you

@Tylan thats the one i bought after going the cheap route fyi those green ones that “say” they measure ph and moisture are worthless!!

3 Likes

I also use the Apera PH20 and it has been great! As long as you keep it clean, it stays calibrated for weeks, even with frequent use.

2 Likes

I use the Extech EC500. It’s a bit pricey though. I believe I paid about $160. It tests, TDS,EC and PH.

That will do the job for sure @Flyr

@Johnzy81, heck… I check out the price and they are $115. now. of course that’s without shipping. I ask my secretary a while back and maybe she was including shipping with that $160.00 price. Anyway, i like it. I’m sure there’s a lot that will work just as well.

Have you had a look at the HM 200 it’s very good quality and very accurate and, automatic. calibration

@Johnzy81, honestly, that one likes identical to the one we use in the field. I bet it works just a good.

OK you know your own grow best.

you can post an amazon link so we can check it out @Flyr

3 Likes

I sprung for the blue lab growers tool box came with pH and ec/tds meter too
Love it. But lil pricey but piece of mind when I am pHing my water and nutes made it worth every penny

1 Like

That’s good to know Mr. B. Thanks. I will learn how to do that shortly.

@Johnzy81. Hopefully this helps John.

https://www.amazon.com/Extech-EC500-Waterproof-ExStik-Conductivity/dp/B000NI4AUA?tag=greenrel-20

Hope this works

3 Likes

Mr Bob @bob31, did I do that correctly? Or should I have posted it differently?

I just ordered one of these. I really appreciate all of the folks chiming in sharing their knowledge. @Flyr @bob31

I believe it’s going to work great for you. My guys use them all the time testing different types of drilling fluids. They aren’t just totally bullet proof but they work well. Or my guys like them.

@Flyr that would work perfectly for you you will be fine.

That’s good for measuring liquids. To test your soil, mix some of it with distilled water and let it settle. Then use your ph meter. Rinse it off with more distilled water when you are done.

2 Likes

If your going to be spending more then 100 $ you might wanna consider BlueLabs Ph and EC pens. Well worth the extra dough… high quality top shelf pens that are xtremely accurate and easy to calibrate and stay calibrated longer… i adjust mine like once every 3-4 weeks and its never more then .1 off… most of the pens are good for a few months but then die off… spend a lil extra and only need one pen for years to come… mine is 3 years old

1 Like

I am currently saving for a blue lad product I can’t wait love this stuff.

1 Like