Do you flush plants grown in the ground?

Good day fellow Growers,

I have these ladies I was checking the Trichomes on and I assume they getting ready soon, that is if they are not already there… as this is my first time observing trichomes for harvest.
The plants are grown in the ground, outdoor and I have only given them three feeds of nutes in three weeks (Nutriplex/Nutrigold).
Thet were grown in plain soil until they showed gender… I then started them on Culterra Organic Plant Food, Bone Meal and Worm Castings (top dress). Then the last three weeks, it has been the former.

*Do I have to flush now because of these nutes and is it the right time to start now?
*Are those Trichomes showing maturity and ready for this exercise (save for the dust as our area is kinda dusty with all the Coal mines around )
*If not ready…can I continue with the feed until ready as they are due a feed as per my weekly feed.

Thanks in advance

3 Likes

You have to zoom in closer to the trichs but when growing out doors i just stop nutrients and give the ph balanced water for the final 2 weeks

6 Likes

Thanks a lot @Dieselgrow1031 for the advice… I shall do so​:fist_right::fist_left:

If you’re using organic fertilizer, especially outside in the ground, I don’t see much need for flushing.

3 Likes

But, discontinuing nutes, as @Dieselgrow1031 stated, would be ideal.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @Growyourown:fist_right::fist_left::pray:

1 Like

I grow part of my crop outdoors. I usually flush for the last 2 1\2 weeks. Gets rid of the taste and smell of the nutes. Hope this helps you Tipzo

1 Like

My humble noob opinion:

This is kinda tricky to answer. Everything I’ve read about flushing seems to revolve around a few things…how much stress your plants have already endured, nutrients used up until harvest, method of harvest including medium used, stem splitting…I think with certain mediums flushing can’t be avoided like definitely with indoor growing it should probably be done…outside is kinda different and this is where it really comes down to growing in the ground and what you know about your soil. If you compost and make your own soil and use it to grow then you might not want to flush (or it might not be necessary). However if you’re gurilla growin in a place by a city where there’s most definitely polluted soil all around the area…this won’t be a question it will just be a response (flushing)…and then everything else comes down to how bad ya make your plants feel cause they’ll tell you when flushing is your only option to solve certain issues. I do however always try to stand by one simple moto: if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. If you’ve cured some buds grown out of your own I flushed soil already and it was anything less than what you expected then try flushing next grow just to see the overall result difference and go from there. I give props to anyone that can grow a bud plant to maturity and then sit back and enjoy regardless of how it got us to that point! Hopefully you got some inspiration to decide which way to go on this one. My plan: I’m not flushing this time if I don’t have to

3 Likes

Welcome ! personally I’ve never flush a plant grown in the ground. I just back off feeding anything the last few weeks and let nature run its course. That’s just me good luck.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @Skunkman1968… Its very encouraging to hear from someone doing it…guess will do just like that… :fist_right::fist_left::pray:

Thanks @grizZz… That is very well informing indeed…was a bit confused as mostly in the forums and grow journals, the people mosty mentioning the flushing are growing in pots or indoors thus me asking about my ground grown plants. I guess at the end I will have to find a way to figure out things, acquire what will suit my liking, taste and preferences as this is my first grow. Since a person has always been buying weed from merchants (before we were allowed to grow your own for personal use) and you woud not even know whether the plants were flushed before havest or what kind of nutes were used, cured and so on and on…
Now growing my own Cannabis I read a lot about growing and trying my best to follow every step so not to mess up… Thanks once again :fist_right::fist_left::pray:

1 Like

Thanks @kellydans…so good to hear how simpe it can be… :fist_right::fist_left::pray:

1 Like

Hey no worries! I have a lil thing going over in the outdoor section “Kansas outdoor first timer”…I truly don’t think ya need to flush ground grown plants if you’re controlling your soil and know about runoff and pollutants…especially if you plan to do a slow cure and really take your time drying correctly. From everything I’ve read on this site and the forums I’m basically of the opinion that the cure process of ground grown plants (with controlled soil/nutes) actually makes it better if you haven’t flushed. Just gotta cut off them nutes before harvest so the plant starves itself out and leaves with you with sticky magic! Keep reading you’ll soon stop asking questions cause the confidence will soon be there :facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

@grizZz… You the man​:muscle::raised_hands::fist_right::fist_left::joy:looking forward to this coming spring…guess thats where I will start honing my skills there…am in South Africa by the way and our weather is very forgiving…I am gonna go both ground and Fabric pots this time around with autos and fems…thanks again

High,
I did not flush mine however I only used molasses and Bloom, and they were grown outdoors. The taste and effect were excellent. I did however just use plain rain water the last few weeks.

Happy growin
Ger

2 Likes

Anytime you’re most welcome!

1 Like

I think some here are confusing flushing and leeching. A lot of people say they flush at the end of their grows. The reality is they are leeching the plants. Supposed to prevent harshness and ill flavors caused by salt nutrients. Meaning the last two weeks they only give pH’d tap water or untouched di/ro water (can’t pH 0-15ppm, silly to attempt less than 100ppm). This is leeching. In order for it to be called a flush you have to be running water straight through. I wouldn’t consider a plant flushed unless you ran 200-300% more water through the soil than stays in it. So say you use 3 gallons of water and get 2.5 gallons of runoff. That’s a flush.
Leeching will also help promote colors. Leeching is not stressful to the plant. Has nothing to do with stresses. Flushing does tho.

4 Likes

Thanks @Gerant…guess will definitely do the same…only PH’ed water from now on till i get the right confirmation from the Trichoms. Will get some molases too…is it true that the buds will be sweeter too​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::joy:i think i saw it somewhere… :fist_right::fist_left::pray:

Wow… thanks @Budz thats some insights there and very helpful in knowing the two and how they differ.
Actually that is what was confusing me as the plants are in the ground and how was i gonna get the run off🤷‍♂️… I understand with Pot and other containers.
I was already seeing soil erosion in my garden :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::joy::joy::rofl:

Thank you so much… :fist_right::fist_left::pray:

1 Like

Legit thanks for the knowledge :facepunch:t2::sunglasses::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like