Do you flush before harvesting

Very true it probably won’t last long as it’s just the one plant, I will be trying to make it last as long as possible but my question is when you’re burping which I take to mean opening the lid, so how long and how often, I want to try it as I say on 6 jars ,so open the lid for how long how often till the first jar is ready to smoke, and then l want to keep burping the rest until the previous jar is finished, so how often and for how long with the rest? Hopefully it will get more tasty and stronger each jar, and I should be able to tell the difference, I hope I’ve put it in the right words to get my point across

1 Like

Thanks my friend, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that for me, my main problem with that is with out that meter how would I know what % humidity they are at? Or if I had the meter would I need 1 for each jar? I don’t know if that’s a silly question or not ,you’ve explained a lot and I really appreciate it

1 Like

I tried to leave you a little reference as to about how they looked at each stage. A sensor in each jar would be ideal. Depending on how big your harvest is that doesn’t always work. You could always use a bigger jar… or even just put the sensor in one jar for reference to the others. Again, you don’t really have to be perfect. There’s room either way for error.

1 Like

Thanks my friend it’s great to have so much feedback from you, I appreciate you taking the time and for all your help

1 Like

If you can tell that the humidity in the jar is high, you can leave the lid off for a couple hours. Assuming the humidity in your home is +/-50%. If you feel like the humidity is in the cure range, you can simply open the jar and close it right away. I like to physically empty the jar and then refill it. But literally a minute or 2 is all they’re usually out of the jar.

1 Like

Thanks again my friend that’s a great help, I’m learning more and more from you I have boveda packs at 62%, do I put them in straight from the start?

I like to try to say this in all my threads, I’d really like to thank everyone for their replies, I am a total newbie learning as much as I can ,as quickly as I can for obvious reasons, every day that I talk to you guys is like a day in the classroom, I really should take notes but I have my threads to look back on, so I really do appreciate everyone of you for all your help, you must all be thinking those British are awfully polite, but I really do like to give credit where it’s due

1 Like

I would only use the boveda pack in the beginning if you feel the humidity is lower than the 62%. The boveda packs regulate the humidity both ways. You really aren’t racing to 62%, which is what the boveda will try to do. You can just burp more or leave the buds out for a couple hours to get closer to that range. Think of the boveda more as maintaining the current humidity than forcing it to get into that range. You can definitely use them from the beginning, but it will only absorb so much before you have to replace it.

1 Like

Thanks my friend, a great and informative explanation ,that makes the boveda packs much clearer for me now, I really appreciate it my friend

1 Like

@dbrn32 has a great point in drying in the dark, which would leave out the grow area. I used a precision scale to determine if no more moisture is coming off the cure which works in my coastal climate. The biggest late grow impact I would point to is harvesting too early. It’s just stupid how much more bulk goes on those buds in the last two weeks. I’m kind of rethinking my large plant philosophy.

3 Likes

I hear what you’re saying and I totally agree, which is why I got this bad boy

He is a 100xmagnification portable micro scope, with a light, for looking at my trichomes, and they look so good through this

4 Likes

Grow area is difficult to use, unless you’re harvesting the entire grow. I’ve seen people that grow a few plants in a single tent use the same tent. It seems the most successful hack the entire harvest, hang it, unplug the lights, and then plug their extraction fan into a recycle timer set to run for a couple min every 30-60 minutes. There are also fan controllers that can cycle within a set humidity range. It really depends on your individual setup and budget. Plenty of different ways to be successful.

@Myfriendis410 is absolutely correct about not wanting to harvest early. Patience will reward you well. And I would definitely find a way to dry in the dark. I give my plants 24 hours dark before cutting and dry in dark as well. Even when curing you should try to keep your jars away from light.

2 Likes

I personally don’t flush, I’ll water the last few times with just PHed water but I don’t actually flush them. I use organic nutrients so I don’t get any harsh taste anyway.

4 Likes

Yeah, I would wait to harvest until the soil is dry. Particularly in a damp climate.

1 Like

Can you take pictures with it?

1 Like

No you can’t take pictures with but my next one I’ve got ordered connects to your phone but it’s only 90x magnification, but that’ll be just fine

@daz49 something else you might wanna try if you are 2 weeks before harvest, put your lights on 10/14 now for one week, 8/16 for the second week and 24 hours before harvest, complete darkness. That way you’ll push your plants into producing the maximum amount of THC before you end their miserable little lives. Please tag me on your thread, I’d like to follow the rest of your progress! Good luck and remember…in 11 days…Winter is Here!

5 Likes

that’s super duper advise @diehigh 55 I shall now be doing that just wrote it in my things for a noob too remember.

That is If I don’t kill em.

And Daz please post a photo of buds in a jar

2 Likes

Glad to help, friend👍

Thanks for that my friend it should be 2 weeks from tomorrow so I should start 14 on and 10 off? For a week and then 18 on and 6 off same as I do for veg ? And I’m going to try stem splitting this time, so split the stem 2 days before is it ? And 2 days of complete darkness and no food? And it’s mid summer here