Do you all add ‘flower spice’ to pizza

Hi all - I made some pizza dough and didn’t windup putting any bud in that, but still might in the sauce. Do any of y’all add some milligrams to pizza somewhere in the process ? I love pizza and can’t decide if it will taste good on/in there or if I should just leave it be and love them for their individuality :rofl: :pizza: :potted_plant:

1 Like

I’ve been making my own pizza dough for 25 plus years but not with THC yet. I also would like to know how to be better at making edibles. I have a 20-year-old bread maker that’s all I use it for
I have put spices in dough like garlic thyme oregano basil but never THC that sounds awesome. That’s my two cents on pizza dough

2 Likes

Pizza dough from scratch typically uses olive oil as one of the ingredients.
If you decarb your weed in olive oil and use that in the recipe, or even just use a tablespoon or two on top of the dough with the toppings you will accomplish your goal. THC infuses in oils but not water.
Coconut oil works great, but olive oil should work well too.

7 Likes

Olive is my favorite cooking oil. A nice and DRY pile of bud. Oven dry it totally if needed. A good decarb at 230 for 30 minutes after. The oil with fully dried bud will be slightly nutty not weedy. If i did not tell…you wouldnt know it was infused with pot.

4 Likes

Was reading about a baked apple pie on
Newts journal, sounded delishishous.

New grower, stash isnt there yet, my wife makes her crust, love her homemade pizzas,

Want to learn about canna butter, wife takes melted butter with spices, specially garlic, and brushes her crust with it.

Never let a free information source past by.

Best Pizza Flour?
Kind of crust? -Thick, thin, Neapolitan, Chicago?
Go to recipe?
Are you fortunate and have a dedicated pizza oven?

1 Like

Classic - thin sliced tart apple, lots of fresh Basil, fresh Mozzarella and a little gorgonzola, white sauce or olive oil W/ garlic. Damn, I may be changing my dinner plans.

2 Likes

You’re making me hungry @beardless !

1 Like

Was blessed to grow up around women who did it all in the kitchen and men who had skills in the outdoors, and could cook with all methods. Fire, coals, smoke, fried catfish, and some curing techniques.

2 Likes

For me I like King Author flower fleisman yeast sea salt. Depends what I’m in the mood for usually normal crust, calzones if I’m lazy AKA folded Pizza. Calzones you can just chop up some vegetables throw it in the pan cut up some cooked meat throw it in the pan throw it in the folded Pizza. Believe it or not I’ve never had a Hot Pocket in my whole entire life they look too salty
On the recipe I do is five cups of flour 2 tablespoons of yeast 2 cups of warm water and about a tablespoon and a half of oil and salt
For pans I have a bunch to me the best roundabout for everybody would be air-bake Pizza pants I also have restaurant style pizza pans aluminum.
Also when you make this dough some people like to add sugar I do if I know I’m going to make cinnabon rolls or if I want a little sweeter rolls for when I’m cooking dinner meals. Making your own dough is awesome because they are almost endless recipes you can add to it like cheesy bread I put baked beans and cheesy bread. You can do half the mixture so you can do cornbread. When I was younger I got taught old Greek Pizza place owners one of the sons ended up working at Johnson & Wales as a chef teacher and he taught me a lot. From homemade coleslaw to muffins to awesome marinades for chicken steak pork and lamb. So to me I can’t eat a meal without bread I’m Portuguese LOL. Any other questions ask away. I’m very well-rounded but I’ve been a single guy all my life pretty much. I grew up in a general construction business so I know everything from the footing all the way up to the trusses and he had a small Portuguese farm.

1 Like

The wife has mastered the air fryer homade pizza.

1 Like

It is just my wife and myself so I make a small amount now. Flour 1.75C, water .75C, 1 tsp + of yeast, a little salt and a little sugar to bloom the yeast. We have an Italian deli about 30 minutes from us. It imports all kinds of pasta and flour from Italy. I take advantage of that and I pick up 00 flour from them. Not sure of the brand but it makes all the difference. I use a pizza stone at 450.

1 Like

Did end of the month shopping, we have no fast food or delivery, so, we eat junk food instead of a nice restaurant. New papa johns there, we had New York style 16" the only thing missing was good buzz prior to.

1 Like