Do u need exhaust fan for dry box. Making dry box

I’m building dry box n wanted to kno do u need exhaust fan or is passive good enough

I got my dry box a costco

6 Likes

You don’t need an exhaust fan. But you do need a fan for air movement. I use an exhaust for drying because just having a fan in my dry tent causes positive pressure and stinks up the place.

1 Like

Not needed. I have a small filter on mine but it’s not needed. I put the vent up against my vent flap of another tent so air gets filtered and drawn through the dry box

5 Likes

I need an exhaust fan. I don’t know how others get by without, but I use one with a carbon filter.

2 Likes

It took me a good minute realize u used a Costco box…lol yea I’m trying to find a good method I heard cardboard is best or ur tent

So its the same concept as growing the plantwant good air flow an dark dry cool no to hot

1 Like

Circulation v airflow. You want air moving around the drying plants but not flowing through the drying plants. At least thats my understanding. Im on my first dry so don’t take my words for it.

2 Likes

@Docnraq will you let me kno how it comes out I still got a week to few weeks depending on plant but what u using if u dont mind me asking like a cardboard box a plastic container??

1 Like

I’m drying in my tent.

3 Likes

Good stuff yea mine r occupied

Me too lately, use my AC Infinity T6 and set the exhaust fan to keep RH at 60, makes for a nice slow dry - 7 days or so at 67-68F, about perfect and great for terpene preservation.

3 Likes

Same, only its a t4 and I set mine to 63%

2 Likes

The vivosun 2-4 is great for drying one plant but with 4 plants shoot I had 2 tents used for drying n a box I made but my room smelled lovely n I think I’m doing this right with curing

Awesome! Just remember to dry slow at low temps. And like 60-65% rh 6-10 days should be your target.
Don’t forget to burp your container every day for 10mins for the first week and congrats on the harvesting! Oh and PICS and smoke report stat!

1 Like

Smoke is great northern lights is kinda a creeper an the high is fresh clear n relaxed, but has a lively tea smell… blueberryXlemon is great hasa sweet smell n is great top shelf as for blueberry auto she smells so sweet like berries n some other undertone kinda smells similar to northern lights but blueberry’s high is awesome relaxed n chill I was jus smoking a didn’t even realize I passed out for like 10 mins was damn n now I’m up but its very relaxing clear n focus

1 Like

Nice! Wanna try some blueberry.

1 Like

Northern lights.

Blueberry auto

BLueberryXlemon Ima take better pics when my girl wakes her phones shows more profile n detail

2 Likes

Yea I like the blueberry n blueberry lemon best northern lights came out good but I pulled to soon or late idk I was jus scoping my critical fast bud n she’s 6 weeks into flower I think but I see 70-80% cloudy trichs

Hey there Bobby.
In your room do you leave your internal fan on all the time and then have the exhaust fan go on intermittently?
Or are they set up to turn on and off together?

Thanks.