Do u have to blow your filters air out of your grow room

So I have a 4X4 grow tent in a spare bedroom and I have my carbon filter inside the grow tent. Do I need to exhaust the filtered air out of the room or can I just exhaust it from the tent into the spare room the tent is in? Hope that makes sense!

If you’re only using the filter to remove smell, then sure you can exhaust it into the same room the tent is in.
However, it will raise the temp and humidity as well. If that’s a plus, or doesn’t matter, go for it.

3 Likes

Ya just for smell. Thanks for your help

As long as you are able to occasionally vent your grow room of the built up heat/humidity, you’ll be fine. You’re really going to have to keep an eye on it. I do this, myself.

1 Like

Ya I do I keep the spare room door open while the lights are on and have a big exhaust fan in the room across the hall. Plus I pull air from outside into the grow room and now that it’s getting cooler the temp has been easier to control. Thanks I appreciate your help

1 Like

I vent into the same room during the winter, because I need the heat. Rh is also low, so the humidity doesn’t matter much.
In the summer it goes straight outside, no filter. I need to remove heat and humidity. I also run a 70qt dehumidifier to keep rh At 40%-45%.

1 Like

Ya I’ve only do a few grows and my room is on the 3rd floor and I didn’t grow this last summer it was about impossible to keep the heat down. I know I could put an a/c in the room but in the summer running the whole house a/c unit the electric bill gets to high. So I just grown fall until late spring

1 Like

I hear you on that. My electric bill in the summer is ridiculous.

1 Like