Do my white Widows have to have grow lights?

Hi, this is my first time growing. I have White Widows. My questions is, do I have to buy lights or will they do well indoors with natural sunlight? I just placed in potting soil yesterday. Any and all help is appreciated.

Welcome. Indoor growing is going to require a decent light.

1 Like

Gotta have lights… Spring is here you could go straight outdoors…good luck oh welcome btw

1 Like

Thank you! I live in Michigan, I didn’t want to go with the grow light system because as soon as weather warms up, I planned on replanting in 5 gallon buckets and grow outdoors. Placing in garage at night so critters can’t get at. I do have my plants placed directly by my full sunlight patio doors.

Welcome to the forum.
For now as seedlings I’m sure the sunlight will do but after a couple weeks or so they will need more and …
If you have a sun room with a lot of south facing glass (walls worth) you might be able to do the grow without artificial light but if your talking about a window etc then probably not and you will need fixtures to succeed. They will need 12 hours or so of direct sunlight like a greenhouse would provide.
You will also need to control temperatures and humidity in whatever space you’ll be growing in as well as air movement.

Can you post pics of the area that your thinking of using inside with sunlight?

2 Likes

Hope your garage doesn’t get too cold at night, really need to stay above 60F.

1 Like

I tried to show photos of were I currently have them. I don’t plan on placing outdoors until its warms up. Right now my house is 70+ degrees. I have them in the West patio window.

1 Like

The problem is the window attenuates a lot of sunlight and the plant is starved for light. You will see a lot of early stretching etc.

Many growers in your climate start indoors and get a head start on the summer then put them out around Memorial Day. Gotta have decent lights.

2 Likes

I agree, you will probably want some sort of light. I’m a little southwest of you and our frost free date isn’t until sometime in may. I’m guessing you are there or later, which could put your pl6at roughly 2 months old before they should be outside.

1 Like