Do leaves perspire?

I’m in week 8 of veg. I noticed this a week or so ago and again tonight. My leaves have wet spots on them, but there is nowhere for the water to come from. It smells really strong off terpenes. I watered and fed yesterday. Does anyone have an explanation?

1 Like

Welcome ! My first thoughts Do you have a good airflow going. Exhaust fan 24/7 also pulling in fresh air. What is your humidity inside tent.

1 Like

It’s a 2’x4’x6’ tent. I have this fan on the floor, not blowing directly at the plants. I run it on medium.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001R1RXUG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I have this 100cfm fan hooked up to a carbon filter, and exhausting out of the tent.

Both fans are on 24/7.

1 Like

Are the water spots showing up where two leaves are resting on one another?

2 Likes

No it’s on open leaves and ones that are touching.

That just means transpiration levels are good. Just gotta make sure your doing small defoliations and keeping good air movement.

6 Likes

Good catch noticing the moisture , good airflow is your best friend to head off white powdery mildew an mold.

3 Likes

It seems that 100cfm isnt enough to pull thru a carbon filter and still have enough air flow. May be wrong but imho

2 Likes

Thanks. I was actually going to make a post about defoliation/trimming. How often should I do it? I’m constantly removing the large fan leaves on the canopy, but I’m worried that I’m doing it too often.

Ohhh it’s called transpiration. Good to know I will do some reading.

1 Like

Selective defols can be done throughout the grow. In flower day 21 and day 42 of flower are best defol days. Good air flow is a must. Get a fan blowing around the lower of the plant and upper area make sure there is constant airflow around everywhere. Fans blowing on plants are good as longg as the leaves are not looking like tgey r hanging out a window on the freeway at 70mph lol. Will cause damage that way but a brisk breezs blowing by is good like the wind outside sweeps by and moves the whole plant from time to time. I was always worried about fans blowing on plants but it helps alot.

1 Like

Throughout veg phase, you shouldn’t really do any major defoliating. I usually defol from the tops of the plants and take big fan leafs that block light to secondary colas growing in. In the first 3 weeks of flower whenever they are stretching I would do the least amount possible. On day 21 of flower I would take every leaf off the plant with a visible stem. It may seem like alot but trust me, it’s for the better.

1 Like