Do I separate my canna oil I made with coconut oil

So I made it with half a cup of coconut oil to 1 oz of marijuana in a mason jar in a crock pot half full of water for about 6 hrs . The question is do I need to separate if I did not use water in my brew? I just use cheese cloth like I usually do with butter . Thank you :pray:t2:

I always filter with cheesecloth but that’s just me… others might have different methods (btw I use the mason jar in the crockpot but a lot of people seem to really like their Magic Butter Machines and Ardent decarboxylaters I just haven’t pulled the trigger on more money)/

1 Like

If you didn’t use water theres nothing (or very little ) to separate so it’s up to you I think you’ll be fine with just the cheesecloth stain

2 Likes

Thank y’all . I really appreciate it. Baking now . Red velvet cupcakes with Hershey chocolate icing. Hopefully they come out sweeter then how the butter comes out

1 Like

Does anyone know a good ratio to infuse coconut oil with kief? I have gotten so many recipes that are way different so I wanted to ask here. Thanks in advance for any help.

2 Likes

Kief will be between 50-80% thc but usually around 60%so I’d use about 1/3 as much as bud

1 Like

Thanks man, my neighbor was saying he still use an oz per lbs of oil so I was like wtf lol

1 Like

Yeah tons of recipes and methods… everyone is sure theirs is the best! I found an interesting article on High Times called “Ultimate Cannabutter Experiment”. They chose 4 methods and tested them in two different labs… I’m actually trying the top 2 this weekend. And BTW Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Awesome definitely going to check it out . I’m going to try some ghee this time around . Coconut oil was so tasteless it was amazing but was not as potent as the butter extraction. Good body buzz tho .

2 Likes

@Caligurl What method are you currently using to decarb and concentrate?
Non smoker looking for concentrate for cooking.
late add: Caligurl, BTW, thank you for the HT article. Reading now.

1 Like

I decarb in the oven in a mason jar then I make a QWET using Everclear 190 and my Source Turbo

@Caligurl do you like and recommend the Source Turbo for concentrating??

1 Like

Yes I love it! It pays for itself in no time… the $$$ saved by reclaiming the Everclear!

1 Like

$600.00? for the Source Turbo? OUCH

1 Like

Yeah but it’s a game changer. Someone posted a video on a home made one let me see if I can find it

Here’s the link to my concentrates journal Concentrates Blog

I did it in the beginning before I used The Source Turbo… it works just fine… you just lose all of the alcohol by not extracting it in a closed loop system

2 Likes

Your awesome, thank you. BPD took my Isomizer 2, during a non-social visit in 1979 and gave me a ride to another town (missed visiting with Jack, Peter, and Dennis, 10 years too late).

1 Like