Do i need to trim the bush

So normally i have picked my plants fairly clean in the past. This plant in the middle however has maintained a nice even bushy look. Minimal yellowing or brown leaves. And my question is, am i going to hurt my yield if i dont thin it out. Or does this plant look on track to produce nicely. I currently count 16 tops forming after the first week of its 12/12 cycle.

2 Likes

only if you start to get mold because there is not enough air flow…

3 Likes

I would be inclined to remove the buds forming at the bottom of the plant. They will mostly be larf so redirect that energy to more productive part of the plant.

She is out growing the other plants in the tent. Super cropping the top would help even out the height so the light can max its output

8 Likes

Good advice above from Beardless and Retired.

I wouldn’t take much off, as you have some room for good airflow.

1 Like

It makes the tree look bigger so I say yes :joy: I’m just joking but others have you covered I just couldn’t resist lol

2 Likes

So remove the limbs circled in yellow?

I have read several University Agricultural studies on defoliation.
They always find the same thing. You can defoliate to a certain degree and not effect final harvest at all, but defoliation to a large degree always decreases yields. Now those were not cannabis studies, but its just a plant and would react like any other plant. I know this is a controversial topic and some will see it differently, but to me defoliation will never increase yields. It is necessary at times indoors to keep things under control and prevent mold issues. But removing leaves and stems to make bigger buds has no foundation. Just my opinion here. I could be a total ignoramus.

3 Likes

Yes I would. Better yet tag one and keep track of it and compare it to the buds further up the plant and closer to the light. Then decide if is worth messing with.

1 Like

You may get a little less yield i would just take off the leafs that are blocking buds sites or do a leaf tucking instead

2 Likes