Do I need to throw away 3 1/2 months of work?

Hi All,
I have a 5x5 tent of GSC Extreme that I think may have been pollinated by a herm that I did not spot. I popped open a calyx and a small green seed (?) was in it. This is my first photo grow and 2nd grow ever, so I want to be sure that these buds are seeded before I chop it down. These just started week 5 of flower and they were on track to be really good, I would hate to have to cut them down so I wanted to get feedback on the off chance they are not seeds. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I don’t have an answer for you unfortunately on that query but DANG that’s some beautiful GSC :slight_smile: I have two of them, only in like 2wks 2days of flower but starting to fill out. CAN’T WAIT til they look like that and better yet, til harvested, cured and burning in one of my many apparatuses :slight_smile:

1 Like

That last photo looks like there may be some seeds near the top, that would be very unfortunate. Hope for the best outcome for you friend

3 Likes

I agree the last picture.

At 5 weeks I wouldn’t throw it away, grow it out.
Then take a good look at it. It’s very doubtful it was all pollinated. Just keep growing and sort it at harvest time.

How long ago did you remove the herm?

It may take a bit to see more pollination

1 Like

This is the 5th topic, in a week, from different growers reporting hermies or seeds. All GSCE autos. I have a GSCE at 3wks flower that developed seeds. No signs of herm. And her sister that came outside a couple weeks ago has no signs of herm and no swollen calyxes.

2 Likes

Yeah…

#1 issue is ussualy light leaks
#2 is genetics
#3. Is stress

Also swollen calyx are good

Only 5? Seems like more

2 Likes

I actually didn’t remove the herm, and I am having difficulty spotting it through the scrog. The entire tent has buds full of swollen calyx so I think the whole tent has been pollinated

I’ve seen so many I’ve lost count long long ago lol

That’s really tragic
I’m so sorry

1 Like

Ummmm thenTake the net down pull your plants and sort them… Or your buds are going to be seeded, you will have to sort it turn it all into concentrates

2 Likes

It’s a shame, they are sooo frosty and I couldn’t wait to see what they’d look like at harvest. I did take 7 clones so I hope to just veg them out and basically start over.

1 Like

Once you realized why did you get in there and find it that second? Lol

Yeah, I kinda figured that. I worked so hard getting that tent filled! Oh well. And yeah, I will prob invest in a bubble hash machine to salvage something from this grow (and in case I do it again)

2 Likes

Do you have bags already?
I have the machine

Either way find the herm, get rid of it like now!
Save some of your bud!

Then yea bubble. It.

1 Like

I did! I guess I don’t really know what I’m looking for, this is my first photo grow and only 2nd grow ever. I had a male auto with my first grow and that was very easy to spot.

1 Like

images (1)

1 Like

I guess 5 that I’ve noticed then. But it’s all GSCE autos. I know the Bruce Banners had a mixup and people got Purple Hulk. But mine was in my backyard by itself and started seeding. Neighbor has a couple of girls growing, so I checked with him and his are all female.

2 Likes

I was going to wait to buy a bubble set up but I guess I will grab one now.

1 Like

Sorry I just realized this was a photo GSCE, but I would assume they are using the same strain when they cross with the ruderalis to make auto seeds.

1 Like