Do I need to go full veg after 12 days?

After flipping my plants light cycle to run at night, I noted that the leaves seemed weak and one stem bent so I removed the dome cups. They are on a 12 hr cycle not at full veg (LED) setting. Plants are 12 days today and the one (pic in natural light) looks worse than when the pic was taken. Any advice please! I do believe I lost the one, pic taken under natural light, I put the dome back on it!

1 Like

The question that I have for you is why are you going 12/12? Should let plants veg a bit but I read that some growers do it this way. Personally I veg for a period of time. I think that others can offer some advice, this place helps yo :bat: :crazy_face:u grow.

4 Likes

Looks like damping off from overwatering. @MrPeat runs 12/12 but you need high quality lighting for this to be a success. Your blurple light probably needs to run 18/6

3 Likes

The first and last photos look like there is to much water. At this size, you shouldn’t need more than 5 ml or so. Away from the stalk as it can also rot from watering to close. I found that out the hard way.

Two I run 12/12 start to finish. I also ran that same schedule under a Viparspectra PAR600. This one had three switches so I ran them all. You need to with those subpar lights.

I now run under two HLG 260xl rspecs in my 4x4 tent. Best investment ever. Instead of getting 3 to 8 oz I am not pulling over 2 lbs dried, cured and no stems.

7 Likes

Lamp has acclimation setting for 3 to 5 days then seedlings/ young vegetative which is the 12/12. Next is the vegetative 18/6.

Yeah, that’s why I recommend joining before buying, I learned the hard way but gonna give this a go with the T C 1350 and see what it does. @Nicky first pointed this out to me so we’ll see but for now, I’m trying to decide if I should just go 18/6 now given the current lighting situation as @Newbiegrower251 recommends. Thanks for the input! Looking up the lamps now!

1 Like

With that light, go to 18/6. You need all the help you can get. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I don’t fully understand your question but as others have said it looks to be a damping problem from staying too wet. Also, I personally use this as a rule for seedling to veg. status… a seedling is a seedling until the first set of true leaves shows (usually 10-14 days for me) then it is no longer considered a seedling and is in veg. Good luck!!

1 Like

Next cycle starts in 7 hrs and I’m seriously considering going to the 18/6 in full veg mode. So thanks for the advise! Much appreciated!

3 Likes

Ok so for my 5x5 would the HLG 600 cover it? Or? Tx

1 Like

@Skatz Yes it would be just fine. @dbrn32 is the Light Guru. Only catch with one solid light set up you lose the ability to adjust up and down. But the 600 is perfect for a 5x5.

With me running 2 HLG kits I can adjust up and down separately.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, I’m going to explore the two lamp option as well. I’ve got this grow to get it together and sneak it past the wife! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Well use this on the Misses…do you want me to get a fee ounces or would it be better to get over 1 lb per harvest. Cost analysis hits up front but the first crop pays it all off.

I drove to Denver 3 times for a total distance around 6600 miles. I then paid over $450 per ounce. I was going to buy land in Southern Colorado so I could grow legally and get out of this backwards run State of Texas. My Sis said you can grow. So all my problems solved. Outside living in Texas.

2 Likes

Awesome! Legally can only grow 5 with a 5 ft limit with a med card so that’s all I’m gonna do at most. Yeah, I’ve been using that with her from the start so she’s a little worn out on that note but it’ll get done believe me it’ll get done! Thanks for all your help! Grow strong!

1 Like

I would run 18/6 now

1 Like

You think I should start the cycle as in right now?

I would turn it on 6hrs earlier than it normally would come on then run it out that way. If your past that point for today start it tomorrow. I feel like early lighting is healthier than extended lighting if that makes sense

1 Like

I’m within 45 minutes so I’m doing it now!

1 Like

You wont regret it. I think your plants will benefit alot better with 18/6

1 Like

Done! Off by an hour but better sooner than later. Gonna wait a bit before I consider any water. Thanks :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like