Do i need to flush?

this is my first time with fox farm nutes and ive been following the soil feeding schedule for the 2 or so mos they have been in the grow phase and now 10 days into the flower phase. I didn’t do and of the sludge flushes and in just starting to see the first signs of nute burn. ive stopped the nutes for a few weeks but my question is, will this be enough? do I need to flush them with water or the sledge hammer? or will they be ok backing off the nutes. like I said, is just showing on a few leaves. cant even get a good pic of it

After reading the first sentence YES flush and fast. Yes use sledgehammer water alone won’t work . Flushing now will save the grow but don’t wait @oldpro

1 Like

What is showing on a few leafs now will be the whole plant next week. She has a lock out not letting her drink what you are given her and forcing her to cannibalize her self and you don’t want that till the end of the grow.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s a build up or lock out , sledgehammer to the rescue :hammer_and_pick:

2 Likes

@oldpro wow that’s one plant how big is she?

1 Like

4 Likes

about 2ft x 2ft per plant

2 Likes

O man you have to tell me about this girl please @oldpro

2 Likes

That’s gonna be a lot of weed.

4 Likes

In my experience a flush is necessary
If your going to use sledge hammer mix
And use 1 gallon per pot if 5 gal pots let sit for 1/2 hour and flush with 2-3gallons ph water
Good luck @oldpro

3 Likes

they are in 20 gal pots. and from full dry, they hold about 2.6 gal before it starts running out the bottom

I also just watered them with straight water last night and they take 7 days to dry out. so, I guess just hit them with 3-4 gal of hammer letting excess run out bottom, then let stand 1/2 hr and flush??

this is going to be really inconvenient as I have to remove the scrog net and lug those heavy girls to a shower drain :confused:

I put mine in plastic storage totes and use shop vac on run off

3 Likes

Mine are Sat on small raised wooden beds that I can fit an under bed storage bin, so if I have to flush I can just syphon out, as it pours in.

Now the house is carpet free (dogs), the vax hasn’t been in wet mode for 4 years. I don’t even know where the wet bits are. Probably buried in the shed.

ok. got the flush and ill flush them in 4 hrs when the light comes on and see if that helps. something that entered my mind, yn the first month or so of their life I tried a new product on the advise of my local grow shop. this pictured product with a few tablespoons of molasses in each gallon. the molasses is supposed to be food for the bacteria. could the molasses sugars be giving me probs? i haven’t used it in a month. https://www.plant-success.com/product/plant-success-soluble/

is this nutrient burn

I’m guessing that’s nute crisped!!

So I would use maybe 3-4 gallons of the sledgehammer mix then and maybe give a little water first to dampen soil
I use 25 gal fir outdoors myself woohoo :raised_hands:

1 Like