Do I need to flush my Afghan auto?

Looks like you’ve got a little time left. Once most of the light hairs have curled back then start looking at the trichomes to determine when you’re wanting to harvest. I wouldn’t stop giving it nutes just yet. Looks like she is going to still stack on the weight.

1 Like

Cool…so maybe 2ish more feedings? I know timing is important here, lol

If were mine, I would continue feeding for another week and take another look and then make that call again week after week until I know it’s ready. I don’t have personal accounts to verify this, but based on a report one of our well respected and trusted growmies sent me the other day, you won’t be messing with anything by way of flavor or efficacy of product by not flushing for a full 2 weeks before harvest. So rather than maybe cutting nutes too early, I’d rather err on the safe side and keep feeding more or less up the point that I know I’m in the realm. I wouldn’t be surprised that your buds swell so much the next 2 or 3 weeks that they are one continuous nug top to bottom of cola! I’m set to watching on this, so be sure to update. I’m interested for sure. And get one of these or something similar so you can get trichome pics. I have this exact one and it works. Won’t make any claims that it’s the best, but she does the job.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QDKHPJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Awesome; that helps a lot! I got a jewelers loupe yesterday so I’m all set to peep the trichomes. I’ll definitely keep you updated as I go but for right now I’m definitely planning on taking your advice! :sunglasses::ok_hand:

1 Like

You’ve got at least a month of feeding left. The flowers still have lots of time to swell up. Patience grasshopper.

Wait until about 90% of the hairs are red and have receded back into the flowers, then start looking at trichomes (crystals) in the flowers. They start clear (minimal THC), then go cloudy (peak THC), then amber. Most growers shoot for all cloudy with some amber.

2 Likes

@Borderryan22
Disclaimer 1st grow this Century.
I stopped the ferts 5 daze ago, ran some straight h20 thru the soil, mixed up some molasses, soaked the soil, and filled the Blumat system. Now it’s just waiting for the harvest when a bit of amber shows up.

End of the 11week, Purple Kush Auto, in my one plant MacGyver garage tent.

Lost in the Sixties :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I have no :green_heart:’s left today, but that is kind of where I’m going with mine. I’m stopping microbes on my Godfather OG, and probably going to straight water with a hit of molasses next Friday to start her flush. The week after, same for Purple Punch, and the same for the cream caramel CBD the following. Hopefully in about 4-5 weeks, I’ll only have 1 plant in the tent lol.

1 Like

Here she is now…15 weeks old and flowering for 10 weeks. Thoughts?

1 Like

@HeyJB @Borderryan22

Looks like you should start flushing. Have you checked the trichomes on the buds. All milky, amber here and there, no clear.

1 Like

All milky…do have to search a bit for amber but I am noticing some throughout

Pics of the trichs? They’re clearly close. I had to wait one more week once I had the all cloudy. They seemed to bulk a fair bit that last week. I’d love to see some trich pics if you have some. Looks super frosty :ok_hand:

1 Like

I have pics but my lens attachment isn’t the best, so not sure how accurate they’ll be. I’ll try to see about getting some better pics.

I think im picking out a few ambers in the mix. I think you’re good to go whenever you like based on your preference of high. If were me, I’d wait a few more days and bring her down. By the way… nice job. Very nice job. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you so much…I’m a total noob at growing so that seriously means so much to me! I think she’s gorgeous, but hearing it from someone with more experience & knowledge makes me feel like I must have done something right. Lol :laughing:

I think I’m gonna wait till the weekend to bring her down, only because I’m a teacher and this is the first week of school :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Please post some pics when done!

1 Like

Oh, absolutely…I’m gonna do photo shoots at every stage of the process, haha :smile:

1 Like

All right y’all, the harvest process is started!! Here’s what i took down today (about 1/3 of what’s on the plant; leaving the lower branches a few more days to ripen). This pic is after bud wash.

2 Likes

I would pull whatever leaves i could before drying because makes easier to trim.

1 Like