Do I need to exhaust outdoor?

Hi,
I am currently growing indoor with no tent but my wife complains about the plant smell :roll_eyes: I have been looking at moving my grows into a grow tent and was wondering if I need to exhaust outdoor (very tricky to do where I plan to do it) or could I get a good filter and exhaust in the room. Any help is more than welcome :slight_smile: TY

2 Likes

This is all you need

1 Like

I decent filter paired with properly sized fan should be good. I usually recommend against exhausting outside if you can help it. Ac infinity is a crowd favorite here, I would check them out.

3 Likes

Security reasons?

1 Like

Could be, but not really my issue with it. If you take makeup air (intake) from inside and exhaust outside will put your home under negative pressure. Usually raises heating and cooling bills quite a bit.

8 Likes

:+1: just learning homie, thanx again

2 Likes

No problem. I learned hard way lol.

3 Likes

We grow from the mistakes of others

1 Like

Get you a good carbon filter try inside , if wife not happy. Cut you in a dryer vent flex it up an you will be to go.

@dbrn32 @kellydans , so just a question about carbon filters. If a grow was in a walled in basement room w/carbon filter, with home HVAC intake air coming from basement, would the filter be enough so the entire house won’t smell like good weed?

1 Like

Filters work great, But with a trained nose you may smell a hint (flowering stage) . A framed in grow space in basement you can pull your fresh air from. I would vent outside.

2 Likes

I grow in my basement and you couldn’t tell i grow unless you seen it. I also have central ac and forced air furnace. I’m sure there are exceptions, but a well put together system with quality components will do what you need it to. If you have a leak, or open your tent, or something like high humidity that causes filter to not work as well may be different story. But my wife wouldn’t let me grow if the house smelled like weed all the time. So I just buy filters with good reputation and make sure my system is well put together.

6 Likes

Thank you all. Would this work for 3-4 plants?
AC Infinity Air Carbon Filter 6" with Premium Australian Virgin Charcoal
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller
AC Infinity CLOUDLAB 733 Advance Grow Tent, 36”x36”x72”

PS: I only do auto in 5 gallon pots for now

1 Like

That’s the exact setup I have minus the temp controller. Can’t really tell you if it works or not yet because I haven’t gotten that far :joy:

1 Like

@Edword02 do you use fans to circulate air inside the grow tent?

Yep I have an 8 inch blowing down on the canopy and a 6 inch if I need it.

Hello, I have a 4.4 tent w/ viparspectra 5000 light. A 6 ince exhaust. I’m having trouble with heat. I’ve ordered another clip on fan and intake duct fan. Will this lower temp. I’m at like 83 f and 50 percent humidity with both sides of light on. Been just running one side to keep down temp. Since I only have 3 plants now. Only one in flowering.

1 Like

Maybe get one of these to put in?

1 Like

83f isn’t bad. Do you have your fan maxed out? If so, how much passive intake is open?