Do I need more Light or turn up my bloom channels?

My autos are 52 days old. They been showing pistols and pre flowers but not truly flowering. I think my lights are not enough for 7 plants. I have 1 600 watt Viparspectar and a 450 watt Maxsisun in a 5x5x72 grow tent. I think they are small for there age but not sure.

1 Like

What is your light schedule?
Autos normally start flowering around 4 weeks, and if all of those are 8 weeks and not flowering I would say they are not autos. Perhaps you got photo period plants. If you go to a 12/12 schedule they should start flowering.

1 Like

light cycle 18-6… seeds autoflowers fem ilgm…but i began my grow with just the 450 watt and 2 weeks ago i added the 600 watt. from a 3x3 to a 5x5 tent. i thought not enough light. veg 100% bloom 75% set now

Your plants look nice and healthy, Lights you’re a little bit short . The viparspectar 600 actual watts is 260 the other light I’m not familiar with but I’m going to guess about 200 watts with a total of 460 Watts with 25 square feet to cover gives you about 18 watts per square foot . To produce dense buds you need 40 to 50 watts per square foot. You’re right @DeTHC420 a little short on lights hope that helps good luck

3 Likes

to stay in my budget … i was going to add the viparspectar 900 watts in the next week or should i go higher in watts? @kellydans

2 Likes

The 900 actually pulls 390 Watts from the wall. A five-by-five space takes a lot of lighting but another light will definitely help.

2 Likes

one more question while i have you… so can you recommend a light i should look into buying that will increase watts to the level needed to get a great yield? And Thanks for the help!!! @kellydans

1 Like

The size of the space is what gets expensive with lighting a 4 by 4 space is much more affordable to light a lot of people are using HLG. Led Quantum board grow lights they come in different sizes. Two 260 XL kits for a 4x4.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 he would be better at sizing a light for your 5x5 than me . I have never used anything bigger than a 4x4 space.

1 Like

I agree the lighting needs to be addressed. You will get good advice from growers here.
Below is a Girl Scout Cookies Auto at exactly 53 days from dropping the seed in water.
I know plants will vary some, and its unpredictable when autos are involved.
But I count 9 plants there at 52 days and none of them have bud sites yet.
Do you have a picture of the label on the seed packs.
Im nearly convince you got photo period plants and not autos.
It happens on occasion that the wrong packets are shipped.
The label should have an “A” in the abbreviated name.
You can switch to a 12/12 schedule and start the flowering. Thats what I would do soon.

3 Likes

Double check your packaging, if you still have it. They accidentally sent me blackberry photos instead of blueberry autos. If the packaging says “FAP” they should be autos. If it says “FP” they are photos.

5 Likes

OMG!!! My label say ILG-AMH-FP5… ILG-BIG-FP5 THEY ARE NOT AUTOS! WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? I ORDERED AUTOS. UUGHHHH

2 Likes

switch to 12/12 lighting schedule
no big deal

2 Likes

And you should message ILGM through email to let them know you received the wrong seeds.
Look up your original order email…use reply (on the email) to message them. Include photos of the seeds packets.
They are super nice to deal with. This forum is separate from the seed shop so you need to use email to contact them.

3 Likes

WHEN SHOULD I SWITCH? NOW AT DAY 52? AND THE BIG ONE IS GELATO 33 AND I NEW IT WAS A PHOTO AND IT IS 71 DAYS AND NO BUDS! SOOOOOO IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

@Spiney_norman

1 Like

They wont flower until the lighting shortens to 12/12. The plant genetics is waiting for shorter days.
Once you switch they will double in size as they stretch…
You may have to cull out a few…
I think some others can help out more than I.
@Myfriendis410, @garrigan62

9 Likes

You could use more light, I like three qb 260xl kits for 5x5.

4 Likes

@Spiney_norman,

I do believe you said it all my friend 1

2 Likes

Man, if that AMH stands for amnesia haze you can expect them to triple in size after switching to 12/12. This was the day I flipped my amnesia to 12/12 and how tall she was at about mid flower.

9 Likes

Gear up!!!

10 Likes