Do I need a propagator?

I’m all gung-ho to get one, but I already have a small grow tent (3x2 feet) and my humidity level is already reading as 75% in there without any fans running. I have central air so the temp stays around 69 F, so… waste of money? Seems like a heating pad might ne unnecessary as well.

Here’s my propagation area …
Nothing special…
I don’t use a dome … not really necessary in hydro…
I think it helps when your using soil or plugs or rockwhool … :wink::+1:

I just moved ther rest of my girls into flower 4 days ago , that’s why things look disarray… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

It’s not even a tent , just in the corner of a room with a couple of cfls and a air pump…
Shot of the roots…
Mind you I haven’t cleaned anything in about three weeks…
Will be getting everything all straightened up tomorrow…

5 Likes

Mess or not, your girls still look nice!

1 Like

@peachfuzz your cloner is what I’ve been thinking of building with a bucket. Tips?

1 Like

It’s just a dwc 3 gallon bucket with a sight hose on the side for checking water levels…
950 gph air pump with a six way splitter and one 2 inch air stone per bucket …
Lid has 12 holes I believe and I just use neoprene collars to hold the clones…
I use general hydroponic fertilizers and a couple of other things and that’s about it…
My light is just a stupid bathroom fixture that I modified a little by adding a cord and hangers and 2 way ( y ) socket splitters…
It holds twelve 25 watt 6500 Kelvin CFL bulb’s…
@DankGunslinger

3 Likes

Nice probably going a little smaller .maybe 4 clone spots. But I saw someone on amazon selling one for 38 bucks had bad reviews. But I liked the bucket design.

2 Likes

Yeah, propagator and heat mat would be a waste of money at this point. Haven’t germinated yet, but cut everything on for a test run and keeping the temp down is going to be the issue not keeping it up. Might even need to get a different light to keep the heat down.

1 Like