Do I have to throw my equipment away if crop develops PM?

I just noticed some PM on 1 out of 4 of my plants, I know it is probably on the others as well, but my question is, will I have to get all new equipment next grow or will a thorough cleaning do the trick in order to prevent infecting future grows ?

3 Likes

Clean clean clean an should be fine.

3 Likes

A lot of folks will clean tents and equipment with hydrogen peroxide between grows.

4 Likes

Okay I hope so🙏, thank you for the responses. It has been brutally cold in my basement this year, the temperature fluctuations have me chasing my tail!

2 Likes

I clean my tent and all the equipment between each grow (but I am a Virgo lol). And I mean, clean EVERYTHING… cords, the tent, light, fans… everything.

Next grow remove excess water after watering or feeding and keep good air flow in room.

6 Likes

You gave me an ah ha moment. I got pot raisers the other day and was in a hurry after watering so I didn’t remove the runoff water in the trays🤦‍♂️ I’ve never had an issue with PM, so I think it makes sense the extra gallon of water between all the plants would be enough to cause some PM to show face.

My question is, am I doomed now that PM has surfaced in my tent !?

1 Like

I use risers myself and I use a Turkey baister to remove all runoff. A bit of a pain but not as much as cleaning the whole tent. At end of grow I disinfect the riser and tote it is in. I use a 10% bleach solution.

2 Likes

What are you doing to combat the PM now with all the plants in the tent?

I have risers as well but I always vacuum (wet-vac) all of the water… I give it about 1/2 hour first so I know it’s done draining.

You are not doomed for future grows as long as you clean everything and make sure it is super dry before starting your next grow.

I would not recommend using a vacuum to clean the tent because the exhaust on the vacuum (unless it has a HEPA filter, will cause the mold to spread around even more. Just spray everything down,

1 Like

I removed the remaining water, and added a small heater to keep the temps up at night. I have decent air flow and exchange.

I also defoliated the infected leaves as much as possible to hopefully limit the spread

1 Like

Have you sprayed the plants with anything?

I had PM once, spraying the plants with a neem oil mixture got rid it out pretty quick and kept it from coming back as it’s a decent fungicide as well as a good pest prevention tool, only use in veg though.

1 Like

No, I’m going to avoid spraying as much as possible! I am currently at week 6 of flower so I’m worried that would cause me more problems.

I am thinking, with the heater my temperature shouldn’t dip too much at night, and hopefully by removing all the excess water there won’t be too much extra moisture.

1 Like

@Covertgrower what would you recommend here for wpm?

1:2 Diluted peroxide applied right before lights out will help.

2 Likes

Okay thank you. I bought a small dehumidifier to combat some of the moisture so I’m hoping I have it under control

1 Like