Do I have stunted plants?

I am 18 days since these ladies popped up above the soil and I am starting to think they are stunted. I have seen other video’s showing young plants at like 13 days over twice the size. The biggest is maybe 3 inches above the soil. Two types, one is Golden Leaf and the Other is White Widow. Anybody have experience with either of these strains that can comment on my progress here? (first time grower)

2 Likes

@Noob2allthis How often do you water ?

1 Like

Welcome ! My first thoughts are you using cannabis friendly soil. I see a lot of wood chips in the picture.

2 Likes

For the first several days I used a spray bottle and just got the top damp, every evening.
Second week I Still sprayed every evening but started going for more than just a top dampness.
I have now watered about every other day until it runs out the bottom.

1 Like

probably not. I just went down to local nursery and bought some organic potting soil

1 Like

I haven’t seen a lot of soil choices in my area other than Miracles grow soils and from what I have read those are no bueno…

Cannabis like wet dry cycles. I think what’s going on here is the soil never has time to dry out. The best way is water till some comes out the bottom, then leave them alone till that pot is light. Get used to what the weight of that pot is when wet, and dry. If you have to fill the same size pot with dry soil, when the wet pot feels like the dry pot, time to water.

Also agree with the soil not looking the best, but I’ve seen cannabis grow in some garbage soil, I feel this is due to overwatering. When it’s time to transplant get your plants some decent soil and only water when dry, can’t stress this enough, so much problem arise from overwatering.

I would not go with miracle grow soil, it’s not good for cannabis, some even come preloaded with slow release fertilizer that’ll mess up your plants. Anyway you can purchase soil online, maybe Amazon ?

4 Likes

Soil companies like Fox Farms have dealer locators on their web site. You should type in your zip code, you might be surprised what comes up in your area.

Shipping soil is expensive. Even amazon builds in an extra $20 or so per bag to cover their free shipping. Fox Farms Soil from a local grow store should cost about $20-$30 a bag, sometimes even less.

1 Like

Greatly appreciate this input Dave! Thank you very much

2 Likes

Yes your plants are a bit stunted. As @Dave101 said, you’re over watering, those small plants don’t need water every other day in those pots. You need to wait til the pot is light and dry before watering again, however long that takes - could be 3 or 4 days. Lift the pots and feel the weight of the pots now, it’s heavy from the wet soil, don’t water again til the pots feel very light, almost like an empty pot. Your plants can get back on track, but need to stop the over watering.

4 Likes

CMich, yea I did look at amazon and the price drove me away. I did not know about the zip locator and I will indeed do that now. Thank you.

1 Like

when you pot up to a bigger size pot you probably got time to locate you some Fox Farm ocean Forest soil .

1 Like

so, thanks to the suggestion of the store locator, I think I might be able to get the foxfarm soil tomorrow after work. Would you suggest I let these pots dry out real good and then transplant, transplant as soon as I get better soil, or just keep doing what I am doing with much much less water and let these get some size then transplant?

PS, I really appreciate all the assistance here folks this is a fantastic community. You don’t know how happy I am that nobody has said, “You are hosed… get some more seeds and try again”

1 Like

It’s messy trying to transplant something that is wet. I think you should let it dry out, then transplant. No need to remove the soil they are in, the roots will find the new soil. After transplanting give it a good soaking, then let it go for several days until it dries out.

1 Like

I’ll. Share my plants at 17 days out of nowhere they will take off I know what it is like

and the second pic is 30days

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat … my plant is 4 weeks old since it sprouted and is tiny … can I save it still?
I have fox farm soil and nutes hystrom blurple 600w in a 3x3

For me what I think is the biggest thing is having a good enough light to get professional results second thing would be the medium and you’re fertilizers I use Fox farms you got to keep good air flow I can’t stress it enough c02 generator works you get a bigger rootsysystem better roots better plant I think your ok don’t be to scared putting led light to close I keep mine in veg 18/20 in above canape when they flower I’ll keep it as close as possible as long as I’m not burring the plants right now I’m 8 in above I keep a hydro meater hang the same hight as the top of canopy

1 Like

Ah ok …I have a fan in there, I kept it high bc I thought I was going to burn it and I’m about to make a CO2 generator with some coke bottles and yeasthow long does that bag last and where do I get one …

You can get them on Amazon they’re like 32 to $34 or something they last four to six months they say I had mine for 3 months and it’s still working

and that Jack has a ton of frost itdidnt show I guess could be my grow light I stole some as you can see. That I fast dried it and jar it and it was pretty tasty smother then I excepted and it gave me energy. my first exhale bag ended up leaking and the company sent me another bag and refunded my money so if you want to try one for free I suggest that’s how you do it lol jk I’m just saying it’s very reputable company I highly recommend them they’re good people

the one always back right hand side is a jack

1 Like