Do I have Enough lighting

Thanks. I stand correctd. :point_up_2:t5: Theres ur answer :joy:

Yeah it’s 5 inches less in width than the 550. Another thing I see is the warranty is only for one year

For the boards. The driver has a manufacturers warranty for 7 years. Also the boards are pretty solid. I know of someone that is running their first edition QB 288’s now for 2 years and they are running good as new. I feel like if you have problems with the boards, they would show within the year and you would be able to get it straightened out.

1 Like

So pulled the trigger on the hlg 600. The question I have now is my plants that’s under the vipars will they be stunned with the new light I’m in early flowering by the time I get the light it will be in mid flowering. Any advice is appreciated thx

I think theyll love it and ull be itching… next thing you know you seed slips and falls in a shot glass of water and you have a baby or 3 under 12/12 light loving your next QBs… but again ima noob. Just a guess :wink:

2 Likes

You should be good to switch over as soon as you get it, maybe start it out around 80% brightness, and around 20" or so and then lower it until you are satisfied with the results,

Now I have to wait wish I would have known from the beginning but you live you learn

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the 550 is on plate the mechanical dimensions are larger on, like 2 or inches shorter length but 4-5 inches wider? Which does make the spacing wider, but the 600 comes with extruded heatsink that would technically be more surface area that the 550 right?

1 Like

I’ve looked for a par diagram can’t find one…

Dum dum dum… and the plot thickens!

Also @Blizzy138 dont worry. You’ll order a second tent and use the original light for something…

3 Likes

Nah you’re right.

2 Likes

I’ve looked it both ways from the introduction of the 600 kit. Like you, I feel like price on 600 kit makes it a winner. But I also like to consider it max at around 80-85%.

I’m not sure what the value is in the spacing, but it’s definitely worth considering.

1 Like

Hey how it going was going thru the replies and had a question. Do you mean that the max power on the hlg 600 is when the pot is turned to 80-85 and not 100

I mean I usually recommend not running it over about 85%.

Why is that? is it too much light for a 4x4

No, because it’s running the boards at max current at 100%

Ok so I’m trying to teach my self about lights. I have a electrical background some what. So this is what I gather from what I’ve been seeing. Let. Me know if I’m wrong please. I’m just talking about wiring and stuff. So it seem like you choose you driver based on if your gonna wire in series or parallel. The 600 looks like it wired in parallel because 3000mA X4 12000mA The driver is rated for 11200mA if it was in series you would be adding up voltage correct me if I’m wrong. So when you crank up the 600 to 100 percent you wont damage the light by over powering them but you shorten the life of the driver because your going ball out on it. Am I right? Looking to understand so one day I can build he ultimate light.

Where do u get 3000mA from? Each board will receive 2800mA. 11200/4 = 2800.
There is an easier way to tell if its wired in series or parallel, with the driver you’re using. Hlg-240h- 54 or hlg-600h-48 those are constant voltages drivers and need to be wired in parralel. The hlg-240h-c2100 or c1750 drivers need to be wired in series

The 660 say it 4 288 boards so I looked at the board and it say max current per board is 3000mA

The 660? You mean the HLG 600? The max current for the 288 boards is 3200mA as well.