Do I have enough light? Autoflower? First garden?

Hello I this is my first grow and I’m just about done setting up my garden. The dimensions are 16ft X 4ft I was wondering if four 1000w lights is enough for that space?

1 Like

Unfortunately no if trying to cover even half. 400w cover 4x4 fair.

What are the dimensions of the space that will be used for flowering?
What specifically are the 4 lights you have.
This is the only legit 1000w light I know of

This is about as bad ass a 650w light you can find

A 850 w light this is highly regarded by Migrow

You are basically looking at 4 of any of the above.
For kicks pull up Chilled Tech Ultra

Nope. I run 4 x 1000W in my 8x4 and it works great.

I have two 8’x4’ trays with four HID 1000w digital ballast and enclosed hoods. A couple old sum system hoods.Plan on just vegging in the same spot I flower. Changing bulbs when it’s time to switch.

2 Likes

I added a picture. I could easily add another 1000w light in line. Would that do it?

I know nothing about HID lights. Have only used and researched LED lamps

Ohhh… ok. Thanks for the info buddy. I have been looking at led lights because I would like to put one at the end of my garden in place of one of the existing lights. But there expensive! I like the spider farmer se1000.

HID lights?

I didn’t know spider put out a light that size.

High Intensity Discharge

Do you have experience with them?

Looks super cool!

Yes his lights. If that’s what your asking

Many growers do. They are also referred to as HPS (high pressure sodium,) MH (metal halide,) and CMH (ceramic metal halide.) LEDs are better for a number of reasons, but the HID type lights do well if you manage them properly.

First off thank you for responding. I have some experience with them. I have been around growing pretty much my whole adult life. But this is the first time I have a garden if my own and was wondering if I needed more light? I have the trays in a line pushed together. I could position it to fit 5 HID 1000w digital ballast enclosed hood lights. (Metal halide for veg hps for flower)But I was wondering if I could get away with four of them for the growing area. I like LED lights as well. But 1000w lights with hoods are a dime a dozen where I live. And if you can manage the heat given off by them they can be a great light. Obviously it is not as good as a full spectrum adjustable LED light but I can put five of the HID lights up and still have money for NUTES(lol) and money to put on the electric bill! For the price of one light? Idk?

The electric bill is definitely a concern with HID lighting. If using these types of lighting, you should shoot for 40 to 50 watts of lighting per square foot of grow space.

So with one 1000w light per 4ftx4ft area it’s not enough?

1 Like

Not for led. Mh/hps yes.

Thank you! I’m running MH/HPS