Do I have an issue? A few yellow tips, ph comes out much lower than input, EC out higher than input

Im growing in coco/perlite 70/30. GH Nutes and Botanicare cal-mag. Plants seem to be doing great. I have been over feeding/watering to try to correct the ph and EC, but without much luck. I took a video and also the feeding charts. See the last one first and note the ph, ec, input and output amount. I have already decreased the ec amount from 1.9 down to 1.5. I just want to get to the point where I can water with much less and only have the 20% runoff with ph and ec close to inputs.

3 Likes

PH after mixing nutrients? Typically higher coming out than going in is a sign of lock out. I see you do water to run off. Pics and age, nutrients feeding routine?

2 Likes

Welcome to the growing community we are glad to have you !

1 Like

Are u using tap water. Ro water?? After u mix nutrients do u pH the mix?? Pics of the plant would be super beneficial for ones eye. Sounds like a lockout. I’d say run a hefty amount of PhD calmag water thru the plant if u have the water to do so ruin a good 20 or 30 gallons thru it super super slow as to saturate every bit of coco. After it’s all soaked and dripping let it set a few to break up and salts or anything leached to the medium or roots then do another soak and let it drain out again repeat til u get all the water ran thru then make up a mix of nutes at half strength and feed it with a nice amount of runoff as to replenish the medium with nutes. Hopefully u know to add the calmag to the water first stir good then the base nutes if u use silica u add silica then calmag then move then grow then bloom if u using it yet ect but silica and calmag first always silica being always first if used calmag second if not using silica calmag is first on the list then. Hope this helps some.

Welcome to the forum.

if PPM is coming out higher than expected and pH is coming out lower than expected, then you most likely have a salt buildup. A flush will take care of it.

It’s common to have these issues when you have a salt buildup.

1 Like