Do I have a pest problem or hermied plants making seeds

I just noticed a few yellow egg looking things in the soil of 2 of my plants. I checked all of the leave undersides and buds and dont see any pests. When I crush them with my hands a watery liquid comes out. The egg/seeds have hard shells and have a crunch when I crush them. I’m not sure if they are pests of some sort or hermied seeds.

If they are hermied seeds should I pull the plants before they polinate the rest of the plants? I will def pull if they are pests though; they are almost ready to harvest at this point anyway.

Thanks for any advice.

I’m gonna phone @Lacewing knowing he may not answer. But he’s the bug guy. If they’re eggs of some kind he might know.

They aren’t seeds. Seeds come from bud sites, you wouldn’t see them on the soil surface and certainly wouldn’t be able to crush them.

Is it possible they’re just bits from your soil? My perlite crushes easily between my fingers when it’s saturated (that’s not what your ball thingies look like, but I also don’t know the vast majority of rock-like things that can go in soil amendments).

Edit: also welcome aboard! I forget to say that too often.

2 Likes

Cannabis seeds typically aren’t consistently round like that.

1 Like

Im not sure if its soil amendment, but I dont think its perlite because liquid comes out when I crush it.

The thought is that they might have fallen from the budsites but ugh I guess its gotta go down

Upon some further digging I think it is actually a soil amendment called osmocote. Thank you for your help and suggestion.

3 Likes

You sure seem to be right. It does look exactly like osmocote. I had to Google it but yup. 100%

Some soils do have around fertilizer like that and there normally yellow or red or brpwn just depends on the company that makes it so im goin to say its part of the fertilizer from ur soil