Do I have a major issue

Hi guys
Do I have a major problem? I noticed all my girls are doing well but one doesn’t look like the others, I have 3 different strains going on in flower room the one that doesn’t look to well is MK Ultra strain which I only have one of, take a look at the pics and let me know. First two pics are of the ones doing well last two pics are the UK Ultra

All have been feed and watered exactly the same, I’m wondering is it because it’s a different strain? Should I have been looking after her different to the rest? @monkman @covertgrower @Drinkslinger

2 Likes

yes, that is a problem.

yes, even the same strains you should be looking at each plant as their own entity. those who say that they treat their children all the same i roll my eyes at because each child might and will probably need different things at different times. same goes for plants for what i can see and have learned on here (one the hard way) i have 4 white widow in flower now and almost killed one trying to keep them all on same water schedule.
i think @dbrn32 is on now and he can tell you what the problem is i think. did you just water?feed?
it is not a catastrophe, it could be wet feet like i had by not letting plant dry competely after watering or it could be over nutes

4 Likes

this is what i realized when i over-watered and someone tagged me on it as he said it was a good explanation. this doesn’t just happen with over-watering. it will happen any time that the roots aren’t doing their job (could be messed up ph or a couple of other things).

2 Likes

Looks like nutrient burn to me. @MattyBear and @dbrn32 might agree.
I would fill out a support ticket just in case. @Kentishlion

6 Likes

Either you are locking out nutes or you are over feeding. What are you feeding? What is the pH and PPM of the feed and runoff from the soil? What is the soil?

7 Likes

Soil is coco, PH is 5.8 to 6 I’m just going to flush them through now I’ll let you know the run off I’m using FF nutes and following their schedule

5 Likes

That ph info is what you’re putting in or runoff? Are you measuring ppm in and out? I would venture to agree with the others

5 Likes

@WickedAle @dbrn32 @monkman @Covertgrower
Just done runoff PH is 5.9 and ppm is 2040
@dbrn32 when I mentioned earlier the ph of 5.8 to 6 is what I’m putting in
Is the 2040 ppm to high? Should I flush more to bring it down?
I’m flushing with FF sledgehammer

4 Likes

Ph run off numbers are acceptable, the tds is a little high. A good flush wouldn’t hurt. That should help.

8 Likes

I agree with @Covertgrower 2100PPM is way too high. You should be targeting 11-1200PPM in your feed and similar for your runoff. Cal/mg is required for coco since it is absorbed and is not very useable.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info fellas I’ll continue to flush until ppm is down to 1100?
I’m trying not to get confused as the FF feeding schedule says ppm 2100 to 2310 for week 8

Careful. There are different scales for PPM. Did you follow the recipe exactly? With the GH nutes they will never go over 1500 with all of the additives so I’m thinking the FF scale is not the same that your TDS meter is reading. (verified in link below)

4 Likes

Good read on the differences between the scales:

https://www.thegoodearthorganics.com/tips/ppm/

FF uses the 700 scale where GH uses the 500 scale. Meter probably reads the 500 scale.

3 Likes

That is the soil schedule. Coco isn’t soil, it is considered soilless. You want this schedule in coco…

7 Likes

In addition I believe the there are different FF formulations for Hydro/coco nutes from the soil nutes

4 Likes

This is the chart I use with the same nutes. My PPM’s never get above 1150 to 1200. If I see 1200 I’ll add water to bring the reservoir back to 1150. Remember this chart is for hydro with a recirculating system. There’s another chart for feed and drain which is for soil. When I use this chart I keep the ppm’s in the middle of the range.

2 Likes

I think the hydro formulas are just less “clogging”.

3 Likes

Thank you for this. Never thought to check the scale. Was wondering last grow why I had to put way more than suggested to achieve the recommended PPM.

2 Likes

Since @WickedAle has pointed out that fox farms is on the 700 scale, use @MattyBear schedule and use this chart to convert from the .7 ppm (truncheon) to the .5 ppm (Hanna)

3 Likes

I think they have you set buddy

2 Likes