Do I harvest with green leaves?

I have 12 plants in this grow 4 of each different strains to search for the right pheno for me. I am growing wedding cake , runtz, and grandiguava from purple city genetics. Left side is wedding cake , middle is Runtz, and the right is grandi guava. I am on my 9th week for all strains the wedding cake and Runtz still needs 1 more week according to the tag and grandiguava states 9 weeks is it’s flowering time and I am about to be at 9 weeks tommorow and questioning if my leaves need to be yellow before I harvest ? I have been using ph 6-6.5 water only for 1 week

4 Likes

Also would like feedback on what people believe in there being 24-48 hr of darkness before chopping ? Or if it even matters , I would appreciate the feedback

2 Likes

welcome to the community. got any pics of the trichomes?

2 Likes

Beautiful ladies. Welcome to the neighborhood :grinning:
How long in flower? The only way i know is check runoff ppm. We need pics of trichs on buds. Don’t listen to what the breeders say about days…u just have to look at what the ladies need

4 Likes

I’m about to go buy a magnifying loop to check it out but I am on week 9 on the last picture you see is the plants im talking about

Thanks it’s my first grow with this gavita1700e and I’m still learning. How close I can put the light up to the buds without burning them which I will use for next time as I did not move the light and kept it at that height

Lovely plants!

I hate to be the one to have to say it, but even without trichome shots I think you’ve got couple of weeks to go. I really start looking once there are almost no white pistils left.

All’s good though because they typically bulk up a lot during those final weeks.

Yes you can harvest green plants, I had one that never “faded”, but most of them do show some signs that "winter is coming’.

Good luck!

7 Likes

There is an app on phone photone. this will set u in approx place. Read the dli

2 Likes

@Martygrowsgreen Welcome! Your buds look really nice, I’d say you may already have found your lights sweet spot!! Looking real good!!

1 Like

Here are the trichomes and it was the hardest thing to take a picture for but it’s what I got, what do you think ? Is she ready

1 Like

Based on the top picture, she is not done yet. The bottom picture looks more “done”, but I can’t tell if this is sugar leaves or bud. Leaf pictures don’t count.

Clip a small bud and dry it for a few days in a paper bag. Test it and see if the smoke is where you like it. I’ve done that on every plant. Inevitably, my first trial is “too soon”.

1 Like

Some strains suck the nutrients out of their leaves more then others i have a bloody skunk that didn’t lose a single leaf before harvest

2 Likes

@Martygrowsgreen Your pic is a little different than most but I can still see amber in there. It’s my humble opinion that your in the ‘growers choice’ window. It’s now up to your own personal preference. Almost no amber upbeat euphoria or lots of amber for couch lock lol.

2 Likes

Can u get a pic of trichs in the bud with flash on or your light off?

I’ve been having a very hard time taking pictures of the trichomes through the phone although I have been checking often with my 60x loop I’m currently week 11 on all plants some say 9 weeks but I’ve been checking and there is still white hairs and trichomes aren’t to where I want them to be right now they are mostly clear very little amber that I’m waiting for to be at least like 20-30% and the rest cloudy

3 Likes