Do homemade co2 generators work?

Hi I’m brand new six weeks in to first grow wondering if homemade co2 generators using yeast , sugar and warm water with a balloon with four pinholes actually works in a sealed system , my outake exhaust six inch operates 15 mins on 45 mins off with cool air intake four inch pumping in continuously at low speed. Smells abit like beer in the tent :smiley: , any input or advice appreciated

They work, but do they make a difference?

Co2 enhancement is best when you’ve got your lights, temps and rh all maximized. Otherwise you’re just making balloons.
I can pretty much guarantee that the blurple lights are not hitting anywhere near enough intensity to require co2.

I’ve been doing this a while. I haven’t yet even considered adding co2.

2 Likes

Yes, but you need a whole lot of light and also higher temps. It’s not worth it for the average home grower to use CO2. You’ll need to upgrade your lighting for extra CO2 to be used by the plant.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks I didn’t think it would do much but was interesting to try

Yeah was reading about the PPFD andDLI needing to be up over 1000 for co2 to have any marked effect my canopy is sitting at around 700 PPFD fairly evenly with lights at 21 inches but I enjoyed the beer smell for a day or two cheers for the advice very much appreciated

1 Like

Lots of people will sell you snake oil.
Forums like this can help,you avoid most pitfalls.

1 Like

Yes indeed so lucky to find this site from a you tuber wish I had of found it when I started this five weeks ago could of avoided so many problems

1 Like

All of us can probably say that. I certainly can.

1 Like

I found it awhile ago, but the knowledge base wasn’t really here.

1 Like

Hey would you be able to have a look at this for me ?