Do GIRL scout cookie auto trichomes turn amber?

I am about 12 weeks in on Girl scout cookies auto…mostly red pistils…trichomes are clouding up, but I am not noticing an abundance of amber. Do auto trichomes turn amber just like fems? I def dont want to harvest too early, but now I am becoming paranoid that I am in the window. Please help!!

1 Like

Yes they will all ripen no madder the strain or flowering type they all ripen, some sooner some later

3 Likes

Im also about to be in week 12 of gsc auto extremes. About 81 days in
I have about 10 percent amber.
It says 60 days on the description, but I’m assuming that is for optimal conditions.
So when I got to about 65 days I started giving them 12 hours of light instead of the 16, with the hopes of tricking them into thinking that the season is coming to an end.
Do you have a pic where it’s zoomed in a bit more to see the heads of trichomes a bit better ?

1 Like

Welcome ! The last two Girl Scout cookie auto I finished in about 14 weeks. And yes Once they get mostly cloudy the Amber will come pretty quick. Good luck finishing up.

2 Likes

Being they are Autos I don’t think the light schedule would make any difference other than bigger buds?

1 Like

Im treating them as my plants in the vegetable garden in some ways.
If a plant is used to 16 hours of sun and 80 f temp, then gradually it starts getting 10 hours and 70 f the fruits start to ripen faster.
I know that gsc autos is not the same as my peppers okras tomatoes etc, but they all need sun water oxygen.
Im not an expert by an means, but the ruderalis in the autos allow them to survive or adapt in many environmental setups. For example, I have a friend who grows one auto at a time under a 30 watt light and it works lol. He might not achieve same outcome, but it can be done.
But once they get used to an environment they also have to adapt once it’s changed on em. Same as putting them in a dark period for 48 hours at end of grow, to let them know that it’s a rap. I also don’t water them in last week, which forces them to adapt. Gradual changes of course, similar to transitioning your seedlings outside slowly.
Again I’m not an expert, still learning from my experience and others. Im sure one of the pros may chime in soon to correct me lol!

1 Like

My GSC had amber. So yes.

1 Like