DIY with bridgelux eb strips

@1BigFella 50 watts per square foot of either of those light sources at anywhere near those operating currents is completely unnecessary. Unless you want to waste a lot of energy.

@Aolelon you say that as if you couldn’t flower under either of those light spectrums alone? I’m a proponent for perpetual grows, but you can just build another light lol. It’s certainly not something the budget minded would do, but there’s nothing at all wrong with the capabilities of that light.

1 Like

@dbrn32 No I think that you could flower under almost any cct light, I’ve seen pictures of people flowering under 4000k & 5000k and some that even use 4000k for their whole grow.
I was just talking about 1bigfellas idea of using 2 tents and 2 lights one for veg and one for flower, honestly it was completely unrelated to the rest of the topic at hand or the light that you posted. In fact I forgot what thread I was in.

2 Likes

No big deal, sometimes people read things too literally though. I too always recommend warmer temps any time the light will be used for flower, but agree colder temps will do more than good by most people’s standards. We start throwing numbers around and others lose track of things like a viparspectra is around 5000k light spectrum lol.

1 Like

So is this light for veg or bloom?

It should be pretty reasonable light for seed to harvest growing. If you were looking for a light to specifically veg under I would probably suggest moving to the 4000k strips. But 3000k or 3500k is good if you plan on flowering under the light too.

I need one just like the top photo. What is the aluminum framing you’re using.

1 Like

Do you mean the aluminum plate? It’s a 12"x12"x.125" aluminum plate he got locally. @dave68

1 Like

Thank you Aolelon.

2 Likes

What would you need for a 4x4 tent from seed to harvest

@50w/sq ft. You’re looking at a “real” 800 watts for a 4x4 tent. Slightly less if you use cobs or quantum boards.

Don’t believe the amazon blurple marketing watts if you’re looking at leds there. You want the actual draw at the wall.

When in stock, hlg has some great stuff, as does Timber grow lights.

Yup @Aolelon got you covered, 12”x12”x.125”. Sorry for late reply, I’m on vacation with the fam this week.

2 Likes

Hope its a good one!

1 Like

Oh sorry, enjoy your vacation and stay off line!! lol I think I have one built. Just waiting for the supplies.

1 Like

No worries, and thanks! @MattyBear has a 2x2 scrog going with one, pretty sure he’s getting close to harvest. He’s an exceptional grower in my opinion, but if you want an idea of what the light is capable of, definitely look that grow up.

2 Likes

That’s a good one to look at. I think he’s running a lot less than 50 watts per square foot because he has some very efficient lights.

2 Likes

About 26 watts per square foot from the wall. It’s the same light as this build.

Well look at who else is having a anniversary. Congrats bro
Been a very “bright” year with you around
:sunglasses: @dbrn32

1 Like

Happy Anniversary Rob! @dbrn32 you’re much appreciated around here buddy :v::wink::kissing_heart::unicorn::rainbow:

1 Like

Thanks @Nug-bug and @MattyBear

2 Likes

Hi @dbrn32!

How would something like the below link work?

Cheers,
Juweedy

1 Like