DIY with bridgelux eb strips

@Horafied; read this topic and look at “Let’s Talk DIY Lighting” too.

1 Like

This color temp is a warm white. So it has that yellow/orangish tint to it. In this pic it’s the only light on in my garage.

3 Likes

I could have spent a tiny bit less, but I didn’t break the bank. I’m hoping this little experiment will prove to be more efficient and grow as well, or better, than one of my “cheap” Leds.

Btw- I ordered the strips from arrow yesterday and they arrived 18 hours later.

3 Likes

Arrow is good for that, usually free too. I think you’ll be quite pleased with what you end up with for power consumption.

Nice. So much better than the Blurple Abominations. This will be on my project list.

Thanks for laying it all out

1 Like

Most people feel that way. Or at least I haven’t seen anyone yet feel otherwise.

You’re also not limited to the size light I built, can do as big or small as you’d like.

2 Likes

My DIY light seems like a bright light - not too yellow though

6 Likes

Nicely done!

2 Likes

Yup, we set yours up more for vegging purposes. It has a lot higher intensity in blue wavelengths. Will appear more of an eye piercing bright white.

1 Like

Halfway there. Still waiting on the driver.

I’m pretty excited about this. If it works out I have an idea for building a frame for my 2 Roleadro cob lights and adding led strips around the perimeter.

6 Likes

Sweet! Do you have the white roleadro’s or the pink ones?

The “400” watt 2nd gen non-Cree version.

https://www.amazon.com/Roleadro-Spectrum-Function-Generation-Flowering/dp/B01I4NY8KW?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

Nice! See a lot of them here.

I’m on my first grow with them. Plants seem to like the veg so far (other than the damn phosphorus problem I’m having).

2 Likes

Don’t see that every day.

Unfortunately, I currently do. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sorry about that! Easy come easy go. Not a big deal to get something like that ironed out in veg. Costs a lot more to come across in flower for sure.

1 Like

I’d just flipped to flower when it appeared. Ph is low, trying to get it back up. Added some lime, switched to full strength nutes. Hopefully I can get it sorted in the next week -ish. Damn ffof and my extended veg schedule.

1 Like

Lime will help ph for sure. I’ve played the game with soils before as well, thinking the guys using inert media have a leg up on us.

2 Likes

They do, in some ways.
I never had issues with FFOF with my outdoor grows, it only started when I started growing indoors. I think all the rain I get automatically flushes the soil.

Every grow is a learning experience.

3 Likes