DIY with bridgelux eb strips

Look ok to go to next step?

5 Likes

Cleaned with alcohol real good too. If Iā€™m through buffing I need to break out my surgical gloves and cut me a clone.

4 Likes

Looks good @Angie! Looks like youā€™re ready to me. As long as you can run your hand over it and it doesnā€™t get snagged, youā€™ll be good :wink::v:

4 Likes

Well thereā€™s not any snags. Next step!!!:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:First Iā€™m cutting a clone. I have everything ready to go. Just gotta go do it. Before I do should I put air bubbles in water with clone while rooting? I have an extra pump.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t hurt to have extra air as long as itā€™s not too powerful :wink:

3 Likes

Plate looks great!

If youā€™re drilling holes I would do that before mounting strips.

2 Likes

You will never guess what I did. I finally had my plate to a point where I could walk by without buffing. I drilled corner hole and had already laid my driver out and turned my plate over and it had scratches all over it. I had it on newspaper but some shavings got under the plate and scratched the hell out of it. Sooo back to step oneā€¦more buffing!!!

3 Likes

Hopefully you drilled all your holes, and that wonā€™t happen again?

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m done with the drill!! Iā€™ll finish buffing here shortly. Iā€™ll post an update.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 I am finally satisfied with prepping my plate.

I mounted driver and puts strips in place then took apart and finished my plate. Next step is put it all together. Only thing may hold me up is my wire. Will this work? Its not solid copper wire. I hope to get your seal of approval so I can finish this beast!!lol.

2 Likes

I canā€™t tell what that is from pic, sorry. The plate looks great though!

2 Likes

Thank you!!! I was hoping you would say so. Iā€™m wrongā€¦I have this wireā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what you want right there

3 Likes

Sweet!! Update in a bit!

3 Likes

So far so good

5 Likes

Yes looks very good!

2 Likes

@dbrn32 What do I do with this extra green wire? I hope I didnt cut the wrong cord.

3 Likes

You can attach it to the plate somewhere.

3 Likes

Ok great! After I do this I can plug n play!! Next pic will be a finished product!!

4 Likes

Hi Angie, that was very nice, I have a question, what wattage are you getting out of that one plate with the 7 - 22 inch strips? I am looking into building something and yours being rectangular may be what I need. thx in advance. I donā€™t know if it was mentioned earlier, I didnā€™t see it.

3 Likes