DIY with bridgelux eb strips

Voltage isn’t adjustable on that driver, the boards will pull what they need. You adjust the current based on what you want the light to do. All the way up, all the way down, or anywhere in between is perfectly fine.

Thank you, so plug and play.

Thank you, so plug and play.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

dbrn32
ILGM Grow Mentor

March 2

Voltage isn’t adjustable on that driver, the boards will pull what they need. You adjust the current based on what you want the light to do. All the way up, all the way down, or anywhere in between is perfectly fine.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

smellthat

March 2

@dbrn32 I have the hlg 240h-2100a.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

@dbrn32 I have been to Ace hardware and Menards and I cannot find 18 awg 300v anywhere any other options ? Can I take regular house wire say 14-2 and use it ? Thank you…:thinking:

I don’t think you’ll get that into connectors without breaking them. You need an electronics store most likely, like Fry’s electronics. Or

@smellthat I used house thermostat wire. It’s rated to dbrn32 specifications. 300V solid wire.

I would double check. I have 2 spools here, one is 50v and the other 150v. Some probably is, but not all.

@dbrn32, @Covertgrower. I have thermostat wiring I do hvac but the v rating is 150v on thermostat wiring but if its do-able and you have no issues. Afraid it will heat and melt the insulators. Im running a hlg-240-2100a driver and will be pushing 70 volts dc to 4 boards. I hope I said that right…lol…:thinking::v:

It would technically work. You have 4 boards that are going to pull roughly 24v each. Maximum output voltage of that driver is 119v, so its within spec.

@dbrn32, @Covertgrower Thank you both for the clarification and suggestions, I AM extremely illiterate with this but learning and very Grateful…:+1::pray::smileystoner :

@Covertgrower., @dbrn32:v:

@dbrn32, @Covertgrower Thanks for all your help. I just finished my first light build and tested it so far so good. I used items I already had, old 4 ft florescent light fixture housing and eye-bolts some dago’s and thermostat wiring. I’m sending pics and open to any & all suggestions…:+1::v::sunglasses:

Looks good!

Looks great if you ask me!

Looks awesome - nicely done!

USMARYJANE

@dbrn32, Hi. Well I have another ?. I built my first light build and installed it yesterday, I used 4 QB120 v2 boards and a hlg-240h-2100a driver. I attached 2 leads to the + & - voltage input ports at the board driver leads. I have these wired in series. My ? is the reading I got was 45.3 dcv, is this constant across all 4 boards or is it divided by 4 = 11.325 per board ? Slow and learning. Thank you for the response…:sweat::thinking::sweat_smile::v:

The pos from driver should go to one board, and the negative from driver to another board. Then the rest of terminals daisy chained from neg to pos board to board. Then it would just matter where you tested as to what you get for voltage. They’re 24v nominal per board.

Hey there @dbrn32. I’ve followed your guide here but I got the 12x24 plate as you mentioned. If the hlg185 will pull up to 9 strips do I space them across 24"? The strips I found are 11" long so how do i place them All I need are the strips and driver and i can build it. Ryan @ digikey told me i could get my order in 3-5 days. So I just want to make sure I order right. Thank you for the help.

The 280mm strips have different specs than the 560mm strips. And a 12x24" plate is not what you want for cooling a light off of that driver.

You already have a plate that size?