DIY with bridgelux eb strips

If I bought those strips I would likely run them 10 strips on hlg-240h-c1050a and put 5 drivers worth in an 8x4.

I got the design from ledgardner and he has it wired in parallel. I prefer wiring in series but I am new to the led game so I guess I’m stuck with parallel unless I can exchange drivers.

I like your idea of 50 strips in a 4x8 though

When to use nutes after 1212?

You’re definitely stuck with parallel wiring using those drivers.

Here’s my first grow light. It’s for a 5x5 scrog that I’m setting up in my basement.

I get around 1,000-1,200 μmol at 18" so I’m happy with it. What do you guys think?

I love that many close together. @dbrn32 would hate it. Only because it’s a little overkill. I hope it kicks ass though. @Josh52180
Do you have some shots of the backside?
How thick is your aluminum for your heatsink?

I’ll get some pics of the backside up. I am building an airtight room and will be experimenting with co2 which is why I went with this design.

That’s not true, as long as thermal load isn’t more than thermal path can handle I’m good with it. It’s a nice looking light.

don’t get us started this morning!

Hehe hehe! This post rules!

@dbrn32 Hey is this post still open for business or should I start a fresh one? I need to upgrade my 4x4 lighting situation and without a doubt you are the site leader in this field of information!

I guess depends on what you want to do. A strip light would be ideal here. If you want to do something else or you’re not quite sure what you want to do, a new thread would probably be easiest for others to find and follow along.

That’s a good point. I’m not sure where I want to be but I have a ball park. I’ll put together a coherent thought and start a new thread!

Tag me, happy to help.

Hello! Awesome build and very helpful information. Been out of the growing for a few years now and was looking at all the selections on lights now. I came across this build and I’m convinced this will be awesome!

This light build is recommended from plant to harvest? What about seedlings? I used to use some T5s for them. Would a smaller version of this build be good for them?

This light is utilizing a driver with a built in dimming function, plenty capable of starting plants all the way ro harvest.

Awesome! Think I’m going to give it a shot and see what happens! Thanks for the quick reply!

Cool! Let me know if you need any help.

My grow is 36x24, would this build be sufficient for coverage? Or any suggestions on size build I should aim for.

Did you see @Budbrother light? Use 14 560mm strips and hlg-185h-c700a on something like 24"x20" piece of plate.