DIY vs Kingbrite or Meiju

I’m driving myself crazy with lighting information overload!

I’m leaning towards QB leds, specifically either the Meiju or kingbrite from alibaba.

Then I read about the hlg 132s and it looks like I could build those for about the same price as the other two.

Are there other diy options that would either work better or be the same but cheaper? I started the diy thread but it’s huge.

I started a new grow room thread so depending on how that goes I still don’t know how much I need.

My initial plan was to do a 4’x8’ flower room and a 4x6 veg. I was thinking of ordering 5 of the Meiju 240 watt lights to start.

Also, right now I can legally only have 6 mature plants and 6 immature. We can double that if my wife gets her card.

I’m also wanting to start doing this commercially so I want to start off right and not buy things two or three times. Thanks!

1 Like

@dbrn32 this is the light thread I mentioned. Thanks!

2 Likes

I think you should nail down what you’re doing for a grow space. That will determine what you need for light, and we can look at what makes sense from there.

2 Likes

The hlg would be great if you went one per plant. I am sure price wise @dbrn32 will suggest using a light with a larger coverage area.