DIY light Frankenstein

Check these out basement made in lights

Uploading: D9ABE8BC-C8AD-459B-BDA5-5F5BFCF850E5.jpeg… Uploading: FB0A99B5-5F3C-451C-B800-15CEB17EDA0B.jpeg…

2 Likes

can u give us a run down on what u used.?

Love to one light at a time I’m an electrician I have a lot of fixtures @ bulbs fixer one 2 65w cfl 6500k 8 cfl 65k 3 led Down the middle 4500 luminaries each 5000k 6 led spot lights 2700k .fixture 2led strip 4000k 2foot leanth 90 led per strip 21 total strips . Fixer 3 12 strips 4 foot long 4 2700k spot lights. Fixture 4 9 led tubes 5000k 4 bulbs Florencent 6500k. what do u think .are they worth a dam. Thanks STOP

1 Like

![image|375x500](upload://zEMLM1ZYYM1dWjsOOLqZyEB329s.jpeg

this is fixter1

the spot lights may need to be further from the plant then the strips…???
using the strips/cfl’s with the spot lights in the same fixture may be tricky,
i know the strip LED’s and the CFL’s need to be as close as possible especially in flower,
if the spots have to be further away then u will loose light from the strips…???

My lighting I’m working with now is 2 600 w growmol led with the 13 led tube 5k 850CT was thinking about making one more the other side or one for each side what do u think

My lighting I’m working with now is 2 600 w growmol led with the 13 led tube 5k 850CT was thinking about making one more the other side or one for each side what do u think

Don’t look to good

I have these tubes are they any good I have 40 cases of them and ballast 4K

These are hs strip lights I can stack up these up to as many as I want. They are 4 K

The Acuity strips there are probably best you have there. 4000k not most ideal for flowering, but it will work. I would do as much as you can with them.

3 Likes

that Frankenlight is a monstrosity.!! lol
the others look great, the 21 strip light would make a great seed to harvest light,
the 4’ strip and spot light looks/sounds like a good flower light,
the tubes would be great for veg.

how powerful r your LED spot lights?
do 4 of them put out considerable more or less lumens then the 21 strip fixture.?

remember that a bunch of diodes close together create a lot of heat,
it’d be best to mount them to an aluminum panel and/or place a small fan on them.!

my QB’s r air cooled and run so cool u could kiss them.!!
i can hold the tender side of my wrist directly on the heat sinks, they r barely warm.!

1 Like

Plants are in bad shape and I just keept adding lights yep. I am having a blast. New plan build some cob or what ever is best for 2x4x6.5 tent for flower only and use the spots up in the corners for penatration in to the plant .spot light 2700k cri90 lumens 1400 par 38 17 w

.I think I have seed and veg coverd well I would like to use my lights put together better. Well what’s best for flower got 500 hopefully that will get started hopefully. Only two plants grow room at a time if that maters. Thanks STOP

1 Like

I got two new Qb 135 /3000k coming just got confirmation just now @3x3x72 tent coming for the Qb when the plant is out of veg will be ready . The 4K strips they don’t get that hot . 2x4x60 tent new tight strips down the middle 12 strips 4. Foot . T8 diodes
rang from 3k 35k 4k 5k 65k not sure aren’t these some extent spectum lights for veg . Put t8 down both sides of the strips 4on each side they can be dimmed to. How similar are my strips to theQb 135 except the k value 3kQb 4K strips @t8 Am I looking at the hole thing wrong or what . Thanks. Stop

1 Like

You can do a very nice light for a 2x4 for less than $500. The easiest would be to throw an xl 260 kit from hlg in there. About $350 last I looked. Or frame up some of the smaller boards that don’t require a heatsink.

Strip or cob build will usually be $1 to $1.50 per watt starting from scratch. Kinda depends on what you use, and any applicable discount codes. Maybe a little cheaper if you’re resourceful and don’t have to buy every little component. You can build a great light out of just about any of them. If you figure out what you’d like to do I can help you get the right stuff.

1 Like

Yes that would be great veg only I got 2 135 qb 3000k want to get 260 qb 2700 k for the 3x3 that will do it 4flower just need veg

@dbrn32 I would to us the tubes to they seame to all the k value 3000k to 6500k =out 4000k u can cut the plastic defused of and us electrical tape and tape the sides to direct the light.The Samsun strips are 4000k only.i have allot of both.

1 Like

@SlowOldGuy use all the help I can get

Your light spectrum isn’t going to be as important as amount of photons you put into your space. That’s why i suggested using the sammy’s as primary light source. They’re the most efficient, so will in turn make the best grow light.

If you’re real worried about the cct, build light out of the 4000k Samsung strips and drop a couple of red strips from hlg or cutter into the fixture. In terms of light spectrum, that setup wouldn’t be much different than the latest from all the heavy hitters.

2 Likes