DIY Light, 2x2, Scrog, Maui Wowie

@Thelaughingwolf definitely first world problems lol. You’ll like the Quantum Boards :+1:

1 Like

What are you growing in and what nutes are you using? Your grows always look so healthy and green.

2 Likes

This is growing in Happy Frog soil. This will be my last run with soil indoors. I’ll still use it outdoors but I prefer coco or Promix indoors. This girl is getting NFTG nutes at full strength with FF dry trio added in flower to keep up with how hungry they get under these lights. Thanks for checking in my friend @MAXHeadRoom
Always good to hear from you :+1::v:

5 Likes

My one aero grow was doing so terrible that I moved all my plants to coco and I am using NFTG sample pack. I also quit using AN PH perfect nutes. They never seemed work as advertised and I always seemed to have some sort of deficiency.

I am going into a clinical trial for my cancer and was hoping coco would be easier to take care of, but it doesn’t seem to be any easier. Since the oil didn’t work, these grows just don’t seem to be enjoyable as they where before. I hope it all works out.

6 Likes

You’re not the first person I’ve heard that from. For whatever reason, some people love it and others hate it.

4 Likes

Good to know about the AN nutes. I was looking to trying the Connoisseur blend, but I’ll have to do some more research. I like the Canna line, if I could find the stuff I need in stock ever I’d give those a shot. Coco needs a lot of attention and I used NFTG at full strength under the QB on a feed, feed, “tea”, feed, feed, flush schedule. “Tea” day for me was just Mammoth P and ph’d water. @MAXHeadRoom I hope this helps you man.

4 Likes

I’m with @MattyBear on the use of coco but it’s not really more work than soil IMO. You can stretch the water times out to 2 or 3 days during veg and even most of flower. Because I move my plants I really like the light media too. MUCH faster growth than soil! My yields are going to be half what I got last grow.

2 Likes

Please note that I was only using AN nutes in my aeroponic systems. It may work better in coco or dirt IDK. On the coco grow I was feed, water, feed water and feeding at half strength. I fed full strength yesterday and that seemed to help. Is there tea in the NFTG sample pack? or do I have to buy some more stuff.

3 Likes

They have teas that they recommend to use with their line. I haven’t used any of them. I think it’s cultured biologix is what they recommend but I don’t know how much of a difference is there compared to cost

2 Likes

Sunday Funday

11 Likes

When do you start tucking and how come all your plants are all pretty even?. Mine grow at all different levels.

3 Likes

This is in a Scrog net and I trained them to grow under it and that way they all grow into an even canopy. I fimmed this plant before training into the net too. The plants in the other tent have been topped/fimmed and LST. Whatever I have to do to try and get as level a canopy as I can.

3 Likes

I’ve also been tucking and also taken a lot of fan leaves to try to thin the canopy. It’s really dense in there. Can hardly tell I’ve taken any and I’ve taken a lot. Makes for denser buds further down the canopy with these LEDs

4 Likes

Good explanation bro!

3 Likes

@MattyBear mate, I have just caught up on your journal so impressive I can’t get over how healthy your lady looks seriously man just brilliant :v:. Do you use any foiler spray on you plant’s mate.

2 Likes

Maui Wowie is my all time favorites. The 1 & only time I puffed it in the late 70’s. A pinned joint beside the gym in high school. I haven’t seen the true Wowie since. Did you purchase seed at ILGM? Your grow made my mouth water. How old is it?
Thanks

This is @MattyBear’s grow, but it’s just going on 5am there and suspect he’ll be a little bit befor replying. I’m sure the seeds came from ilgm, they’re available here in feminized form. He will have to tell you how old plant is though. I’m thinking around 7 weeks or so, but I could be mistaken.

This is Maui Wowie from ILGM @High_Times. I would have to look back to see when It sprouted, but it’s been on 12/12 since 4/18.
@Johnzy81 I haven’t foliar fed her at all. I’m not a huge fan of spraying indoors, but I’ll foliar feed outdoor plants for sure :+1:

2 Likes

Great news about you being able to legally grow more plants! I hate plant limits!

Screen is looking beautiful!

2 Likes

Thanks @FloridaSon, I agree… plant limits are ridiculous. It’s a plant!!! Someday…

2 Likes