Diy led grow with light bulbs

I created my own light using regular great value led light bulbs.vegged with combo of 60 equivalent combinationof day light and soft white bulbs then slow switched out to 100watt equivalent 15true watts each spent around 30 bucks in a 32"x32"“53” tent will it be enough to make a successful grow on its own

2 Likes

I am really asking so I can remove the other light and use it to veg in a diy closet I made with a portable closet and space blankets and because I ordered a 4x8 tent and I am on a budget and would prefer to save tons and make more light thanks in advance for any advice and help Uploading: 20200918_141302.jpg…

Honestly im not sure on the lighting u created. Lighting is the single most important thing in growing indoors. Save the mo ey u wanna build another light with and see about an hlg light. 2x2 cover u can get a loght for 100 bucks. 3x3 is like 169 i believe. 2x2 look at hlg t65. And 3x3 area look at the hlg135 rspec. Ull be super happy u did. @Covertgrower. @NickyFrost @Bulldognuts @CoyoteCody @GreenSnek @dbm32. Dbm is the lighting genius and can lead u thru whats gonna work and wont before any more money is exchanged with stores for parts. Good luck

1 Like

@dbrn32

Your pic didn’t upload. You need to wait for check :heavy_check_mark: next to trashcan icon. :+1:

1 Like

You can grow with led bulbs, but i think your space would benefit from more power. I would check out the 19 or 21 watt true power bulbs and then grab some of the multi bulb splitters so you can fit more of them.

3 Likes

@Bulldognuts there is the mainstay closet
@dbrn32 I will try to find some higher watt bulbs but that is day 19 flower she looks happy now but this is my first grow and its been alot of experimenting even stuck extra light in main by wiring a set of vanity lights to and extention cord to save me some building time

5 Likes

Also wanted to welcome you to ILGM forum, @dbrn32 is the one to help on lighting. :+1:

3 Likes

@Bulldognuts ty I am happy to be here read stuff on here and was to scared to get trashed for my grow and build with it being my first and being so unconventional

4 Likes

Very cool stuff, I love a good DIY’r grow. You do you and rock on and knock it outta the park. Only thing is - I hate miracle whip bro…lol

2 Likes

You won’t be trashed here. Only positive vibes and good advice is allowed. :slightly_smiling_face: If you are here to learn and improve skills then you came to the right place.

3 Likes

@floppyjalopy Looks like we had the same idea. My plant is growing well, This is a clone from my outdoor plant. I put this light together because I wanted to see what it was like growing inside. I eventually want to get a 4x4 tent and better lighting, but this one gives me an idea of whats to come. I have since added 6 more lights to the fixture for a total of 15 x 15 watt leds, ill try and get some new pictures up later. Everyone on this form is so nice, nobody will make fun of you, post away, upload your ideas and thoughts, everyone will help.

2 Likes

@Dave101 thats awesome I am heading to the store now for some more bulbs :bulb: :grinning:

1 Like

@floppyjalopy

Not sure if im allowed to post youtube links, but this guys channel (migro) is all about lights, he actually just recently made a diy light, check out his channel

1 Like

Youtube is a go👍 … I’ve seen a couple good builds w splitters man. Very cool!

1 Like

Do think I should move my lights up or is that distance fine also this tmlapy seems to pull less lumens on my meter could that be because of the colors

@floppyjalopy Hard to say with the diy lights. I started with mine about 15-16 inches away, now I’m at 11-12 inches. I haven’t had any problems with the light damaging my leaves, and growth seems normal.

I believe they are good

Couple of things first my new 4x8 tent got here waiting on lights so I just built more @Dave101!

20201020_123921|375x500
Also is this amount of curly fine for my ladies ppm of run off is about 900 after feeding for first time in 3 days

@Dave101 sorry messed up first picture ![20201020_123921|375x500](upload://iy@Bulldognuts wL3QabQog3Ex90xcFeqIN4we.jpeg) @ @LoCoRock
I tagged a few others to look at the leaves on the post before this one i messed up tags and pics sorry for being annoying