Diy hydroponic for 2x4

Hello guys new guy here - I decided to make my own hydroponic system , what do you guys think it’s for a 2x4 space

It includes
1-27 gal tote
1-Air pump eco air 4
4 air stones
1-Eco plus fix pump 185
2 - 3 inch net pots
1-Scott’s dipper system kit
1-Autopilot recycle timer

6 Likes

Looks like it should work, nice job!

3 Likes

Thank you very much , do you think the 3 inch net pot will provide enough space for a full grown plant ?

2 Likes

I think if all goes as planned they will be big enough that you’ll have crammed plants before stems outgrow the net pots. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they are a little deformed by end of grow. Is your plan to flip plants as soon as they’re mature? Healthy plants in dwc will grow fast.

1 Like

Do you plan on germinating and then starting seed straight into system ?
What are your plans for starting seedling ?

1 Like

The only problem I have had is there is not enough support after they get large to keep them from falling over if u could put something in resavore for the roots to grow around like an anchor. I personal just jump up in size of my net pots

1 Like

Yeah completely agree they will be very closed , that’s a great question I never ask myself , I will not double veg or anything like that at this point seeing my limitations , , guess my best approach would be flipping them ASAP until I get the hang of it -as well I need to practice trimming and different training techniques to maximize my space and yield , I would like to stay in my 2 plant set up ,so it looks like I will have to upgrade to a bigger pot net what size is recommended ? I’m waiting on a heavy hitter pack they are feminized seeds , would like to do from seedlings to harvest on this box?. @dbrn32 @BetrayedSoul @Tom1

I use buckets for my gro so a little different but I would suspect u could use the lids I do just cut the hole bigger 20200429_110652

1 Like

How big of a plants do you plan on growing? They will be into each other relatively quickly.

1 Like

I agree 2 plants is pushing it in your area

1 Like

So Im looking into 5 gall buckets - will switch to one plant , thank you guys , I would be in big trouble mid flower -the tote will use for cloning or something …, well what to say here we go again

this is the new direction I’m taking

1 Like

What do you guys think ? @BetrayedSoul
@dbrn32
@Tom1

1 Like

Looks nice! I wasn’t trying to steer you away from running 2 plants either. Just thought in system you had there wasn’t much need to worry about net pots because it would likely be a fairly short veg time.

I am using 27gal totes as well in my system. I find that 1 plant per tote is even difficult but, I veg longer than most. 5gal buckets good Idea but you have to change the solution at least once a week. Can be a real PIA once plant gets any size to it. What you have looks good and is doable :v:

1 Like

I’ll take a picture of my setup tomorrow. But I agree you can use those totes for too plants I have I’m always tweaking my system or completely starting over .the wife is always yelling at mo for changing .but I’m pretty happy with it for now.

1 Like

I’m glad that everyone has provided me amazing information and with all that to take in consideration and as well my aim ,this is my 3rd system and I’m really happy with the end result , I do want to perfection the art of growing so I will take one plant at a time , once I get better I might move into too , as well one of the things I was shooting for it was automatization , I don’t want to be changing the water every week ,so I ended up going for the 27 gal and this is how it looks like

For the extra weight of the plant I was lucky to find this thing ,that then I got into shape for support -

@dbrn32 @BetrayedSoul @Tom1 @repins12

What do you guys think ?!

3 Likes

Looks good from here lol. Get a plant in there and let’s see what it will do!

2 Likes

Right now I’m running the system for 24 hours , clean , my tap water is at 620 tds wtf , it’s bit intimidating now that I’m getting into the the nutrients, schedules , ph @dbrn32
Have this ones to try it out they regg seeds , still waiting for the good genetics

1 Like

I prefer regs over feminized, but you want to have confidence in your genetics either way. If you have regular seeds that have been breed properly you can usually beat the piss out of plants without skipping a beat. Feminized will sometimes be a little more finicky late in grow.

2 Likes

Agree I’m fairly new in the game , I felt confident with ILGM ,but I didn’t really liked the small variety of reg seeds they have , I’ll have to look for good reg seeds if ILGM doesn’t upgrade the reg seeds they offer
@dbrn32

2 Likes