DIY CO2 generator at night

Guys is CO2 generator (DIY) in a small grow room (3.9ft x 2.30ft or 70cm x 120cm) helpful? I am using 1000w full spectrum LED (bestva) and for the room size adequate fan with the extraction power of 85m3/h. Temperatures around 71-78 (22’c-26’c) and humidity around 36-50% (can’t go any higher) .I made the standard homemade generator using 2 bottles etc but tell me is it ok to leave it during the night or it will stress my girls? I do not have ppm meter so won’t be sure of the ppm but I believe that solution made out of yeast and sugar cannot be strong enough to be dangerous. my questions are: is it really increasing yields and should i leave it outside the room (in the garden probably as cannot turn it off)… thank you for all your help

It actually can be very dangerous. I once did that in my 2x2 tent which is in my bedroom. My sugar/water mixture worked so well that it actually got hard to breathe in the bedroom - good thing we weren’t asleep.

Honestly, unless you’ve got some killer lighting C02 isn’t going to make any difference. I’ve got a 135 watt QB and I don’t supplement C02. It really isn’t necessary with the light you’re using.

2 Likes

whops that sounds quite dangerous indeed !! thanks Raustin… PS I have 1000 Watt led

The 1000 watt LED isn’t actually 1000 watts, it’s probably more like 300 watts from the wall. They just advertise the lights like that. Chinese blurple lights are notorious for this practice.

1 Like

it Replaces a 600 watt HPS/MH

Don’t get me wrong, you can grow weed with that light, it’s just not the greatest light for growing weed, but you’ll definitely grow some nice plants with that.

1 Like

oh that’s a surprise… didn’t expect that as it’s listed as one of best lights to grow weed amongst kindled etc would paste link with the Best Off but not sure if it’s allowed… we learn something every day

Yeah, I know. Lol, but if you really want a great light you have to go with COBs or a quantum board.

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: i really didn’t want to know that… i have the double chip one

If you’re interested you should check out Growers lights. Com. I’m not allowed to post the site here, but that will show you what im talking about.

No! See, I didn’t want to make you feel bad about your light. Im sorry. Really, your light is fine and it will grow great weed, I promise. It’s just that it’s not as powerful as you thought, that’s all.

1 Like

Aaa listen it’s my first time so didn’t expect much anyway. I can always get another one in future. Thank you for your help Raustin. So going back to co2 gen i don really need it?

No, you don’t need the C02. Personally, I will never make that mistake again.

1 Like

Will stick to your advice then Raustin. Thank you so much

1 Like

You’re very welcome, and don’t worry about your light.

1 Like

You can post a pic, or an amazon link. We’ll be able to tell you what the actual draw is on your light.

185 watts per the spec sheet. 2 of these in a 2 X 2 would work. But not very efficient.

2 Likes

aliexpresshd

Guys off topic. Do you start counting girls’ age from the moment you put the seed to the water so from germination or later? From the moment I took them out of the packet they are now 12days old. Not sure if counting it right as Internet sais they ate too small for 12 days

1 Like

First two weeks or so is “seedling”. From then on it’s “veg”. Two week transition before “flower”.

1 Like