DIY Bubble Cloner

I think you would need to veg for at least 8 weeks, then, depending on growth, switch to 12/12 and let her stretch up. If you’re tucking and using the proper techniques you shouldn’t have a problem filling the screen quickly.

For me personally, my logic is simple: longer veg = stronger, bigger plant = more buds.

I think just one plant is more than enough to fill a 2x3 SCROG, no doubt. I would save the other seed for another grow.

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Thanks trees

2 Likes

I realize that this is an older thread - but I wanted to say thanks for posting!
I made a smaller version of your design - this is my third attempt at cloning, 1st using hydro/bubbler. The first two did not go well using peat pellets and/or soil. success rate was like 2 of 12… Disappointing is an understatement.

The bubbler I made - again from your design - is 6 of 6 so far. 10 days in and all of the cuttings have roots!!

roots 12-21-17

It’s a 1gal Rubbermaid container, (2) 6" air stones each attached to their own small pump. I made the collars from the packing some of my LEDs came shipped in. Up to this point I’m using Azos in the bubbler with a little SuperThrive.

Those clones are from a Violator Kush mother that I have in my tent in veg - she was germ’d at the same time as the plants that are in my scrog screen - which will be harvested over the next week or two.

buds 12-21-17

Those are in a Promix based medium mixture that was shared by another member - but I am really interested in Hyrdo and have been looking at everything from the “ebb and flow” systems to individual bucket setups.

Thanks for sharing!!!
@Nug-bug

4 Likes

Low pressure Aeroponics less nutrients simple to build and more forgiving being a hybrid of NFT

5 Likes

thanks for the pointer…:+1:
Using less nutes was a driver to going with a smaller bubbler for cloning.

A few quick searches and found some good info on DIY low pressure aeroponics systems.
Thanks!

post 848 :wink:

1 Like

Buddy thanks for those. I’ve been reading pieces of that thread previously, not sure how I missed the step by step guide - that is sweet.

2 Likes

This absolutely blew my mind. You mean you cut in veg and in a month you flip to flower? :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: that sounds like king of methods. How did that overall yield for you man? I know this thread is old af but VERY helpful and essentially why this site is so great

1 Like

works fairly well sea of green style in hydro unit with less spacing 2-3 kolas per 6 plants in 15 gal totes square so easily placed together or ebb&flow flood table same approach
each plant giving you 1/2oz Kola done right much the same as larger plant with less veg time needed 2 weeks to root and recover 3 weeks to grow then flip. Works best if you have space to grow perpetually 3 light rotation and a mother space

1 Like

Dude im def gonna pick your brain when i get there. Thats for mass growing ideally tho. Not at that level period

It is indeed for production growing

Does size of clone bubbler make a difference in how it works? Hope not cause i made a small one today, thanks to the great info on this thread @ktreez420

Gnna try it out tnite or tmor and see what happens. Its on a dry run atm to see if temps and rh are good.
RH starting rising with in minutes, just gtta make sure temps come up, will have to check later. I already feel that i am going to have to get a bigger air pump or i may just run an air line from my big compressor with a pressure regulator. Thanks again for the how to
I plan on adding a 6th spot but hyro store only had 5 neoprene pucks this size

3 Likes

Test run…the temp is low cause lids was just off, it sits about 79-80.
I had to move it to my drying fridge to keep temps up.

2 Likes

Checked last night, 72 hours and 2 of 6 already making roots :grin: and still look like the day they were cut.

3 Likes

Can you just buy the attachment for the bucket if so where do I get it and. What are the blue things inside the bubbleler do u use warm water

@Lostscuba if u go to a pet store in the fish aquarium section, u can find some air tube and fittings. The blue things are air stones, also from pet store. I recently changed my hoses going in with a set a valves. I will take a pic later and post

1 Like

Yo I went to day and got the stuff but I did Oder the bubbler but I’m making one too thanks guys for the idea

I need some help how do I place the air stones in side do I poke a hole in the side and run it through @Liljoe

1 Like

Are you cloning or doing hydro?

Clones. And hydro some one on here gave me the idea and says it works fine

@Lostscuba you need some rubber gromets
To make sure u have water tite seal.

U can see in pic where hoses go thru, i used electrical rubber gromets. Hope this helps