Dispensary vs Homegrown

Industry of poison, billionaires. Produce it so fast our trains can’t keep up. So? Sue the railway.
But a lot of our knowledge comes from ag research.
Repurposed eh yes they do, here it’s an old Pepsi factory. They shut down the poison to produce something good!
Ah and that’s a rant

2 Likes

If your in a legal state, please reference where so we can educate each other on the pro and cons or the in and outs.

Im illegal state with only one star.

Someday, we would like to come out of the shadows and enjoy a doobie without :fearful:.

The taxes, licenses regulations, any and all information msy help us iron out issues prior to getting legalized.

Saw a joke, legalize weed and use the taxes to fix all pot holes calling it the pothole tax.

If a brain can write a plan doing such, showing every aspect of legalization and show yhe wealth of revenue that comes from and money being the tool needed for greed for all governments, texas might consider a revenue ptoducing bill that might offset fossil fuel revenue losses coming in the near future due to fast progression towards EVs.

Our states potheads, me, needs every detail so we csn have the right answers for the politians and naysayers, they will feel better if revenues from a once illegal weed provides something for them as well. Taxes for metal detectors for schools, teacher raises. Sny ideas welcome.

2 Likes

IMO, a good resource for news relating to how states are ending pot prohibition.

My state (north star) is likely next in line to legalize so no more lemon balm, basil, rosemary, etc. in my tent. I’ll be switching up to GG, GDP, and of course Northern Lights lol!

3 Likes

Funny story! Although I wish it upon nobody
And wrong page. Oh well use your imagination then

1 Like

Craft tax, is it the ssme amount of tax thst applies to say a dispensaty license?

Knowing these details may help othrr states iron those issues out early.

Again, never been close to legalized anything.

1 Like

Less than that…they use freeze driers to dry and cure in one shot, then use tumblers to trim. From plant to bag to shelf in a week. Inventory sitting on the shelf curing is wasted time in there minds.

4 Likes

I agree, Makes no sense. But they do horizontal HID.

There is nothing inherently bad with HID and LPS lighting for growth beyond the exponential electricity cost, but if they are in a cooler area where the heat from the lights is recovered then it can actually be beneficial to use HID/LPS… I still use HID/LPS for winter grows indoors, as I recover all the heat to help heat the house, so the efficiency skyrockets, and the HID/LPS even though not focused to specific light wavelengths like LED is every bit capable of producing premium top shelf grows.

They still have to pay the electric bill, no? As I said if it’s a winter grow in a cooler climate it very well might be a wise choice, especially if the repurposed building doesn’t have sufficient heating ability and they can kill two birds with one stone…

You can’t half blame them, edibles are liquid gold and it’s basically free since they still sell the striped bud for the same price…

4 Likes

The states legalizing it don’t care, it’s a cash grab for them and a way to hand out favors (aka licenses) to those that grease their pockets…

You want a roadmap to doing it right, basically do the exact opposite of every state that has legalized it and just let it grow as a mostly unregulated cottage industry like you see with farmstands…

I’m a beekeeper, my state agricultural permit to have bees and bottle up to hundreds of gallons of honey is FREE, it’s only when and if I went into full-scale business that most regulations kick in (I still have to follow basic labeling rules on my bottles) and even when you go full-scale business the regulations are minimal and there is no huge licensing and taxation, that is the model they need to follow, but they won’t as they see marijuana as a pot of gold they can dip their hands into, much like they do for tobacco and liquor licensing…

Mind you my state has legalized it for medical and recreational and divided it into different permitting schemes, but only those with a medical card or a licensed dispensary can grow it, no one else can grow but they can use it if bought at a dispensary, possession without a medical card is still limited to I believe under an ounce or you can be charged… When I say different permitting schemes, the dispensaries and growers can be medical, recreational, or both depending on how much money they want to toss at the government for permits…

They recently opened a recreational dispensary literally 3 minutes down the road from me, I won’t even bother going there, I looked at their prices online (order for pickup) and just laughed… Add to that that literally 90% of the flowers they sell are some grower’s newest hybrid that you have no clue what it actually is and it’s pretty sad… Before they actually opened, I had planned to ‘try’ some Blue Dream from them, but once they opened it was nowhere to be found all hybrid this or that at $300-$600/ounce after taxes…

2 Likes

We paid a minimum 200.oo every 3 to 4 wks for same stuff 7 yrs. We think it was dispensary stuff ship to tx. Good stuff is or was 400 600 what our verbage calls closet weed. 100 to 150 qrtr.
Living around Austin and Dallas once, pretty standard for good smoke.

Not anymore, we are not paying, and life is high

2 Likes

I’m getting good grade street stuff from a reputable source. For 150 a ounce. Won’t ever pay 90 for a 1/4 at the local dispensary in Jersey. Hell no.

4 Likes

IMO the stuff the dispensary is selling is basically closet weed, it’s some unknown ‘weekly’ hybrid force dried and dumped on the recreational market for maximum profit… Even the stuff that is claimed to be this or that known strain is inferior to street weed…

Legalization should actually lower the cost at market, but around me the ‘illegal’ stuff that is better is actually cheaper… Most of the heavy smokers I know that don’t grow their own are still getting it from ‘their guy’ as it’s better and cheaper than what is being sold at the dispensary…

Legalization missed the boat entirely…

1 Like

It did up in Canada. Used to be able to get $1000/lb for weed, it dropped to $500 last year, but is back up to around 700 now. Used to be able to get weed delivered for $90/ounce, now the government outlets cost $110 to $200 plus 12% tax. Still cheap, but not as cheap or as good as I can grow for about $25/ounce!

2 Likes

Massachusetts dispensaries are pretty cheap tho. Very very cheap stuff I have heard 15 bucks for a 1/8

3 Likes

Ive gotten 1/8s for $5 here. And zips of dabs for $25

2 Likes

Prices in the PNW-WA, with Medical Card ($200 or less renewed.)
*Med License gets plants for home grow, too.

4 Likes

The best comparison I can think of is would your rather have a home cooked meal or some crap from a fast food joint. Homemade is usually better!

3 Likes

Quantity/ Quality = dispensary

2 Likes

Small town just down the road called New Jersey, in New Brunswick. And I read there’s a place in New Jersey, called New Brunswick. What a mix up. Just saying cuz I thought it interesting, nothing to do with weed.

2 Likes

Those are pretty good prices! For almost a week’s supply of smoke

2 Likes