Dispensary vs Homegrown

We have a local legal Hemp grow who was given the license to grow and sell cannabis to. It was nice because tou could buy the seeds of what you were buying ice to hold unstead of a picture. Judga shut them down. I di aee in the dispensary bags the most all have a CA seal so I b3liev what was mentioned about California weed.

1 Like

I like my own much better, from the get-go. There was only one dispensary weed I liked, a free birthday pre-roll, lol, and they don’t even carry that strain (their own) anymore. Their Afghani jacked me up, and another despnsary’s Jack Herer caused me to yawn my head off. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

I live in an neighbouring state. Just saying.

4 Likes

My wife works for our state cannabis facilities in our area and between i believe 5 grow facilities , because they only process everything at one building and thats how i know , depending on if things are (running smoothly) as we all know how that goes and can attest too…
They can run up to 1000 pounds a week and when s*it goes south , about 400 pounds and an average of around 600 to 700 pounds…
So there’s that…
And even thoe all the facilities are owned by the same entity and all of the product ends up at one point , every facility dose things differently, some hydro , some soil when it comes to growing , it just depends , but it all basically gets processed the same way , think of factory work more then anything else , so you can see how some of the qualities in the end product can be lost in a huge manufacturing process… :+1:t3:
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

14 Likes

I paid that in 1980, for an ounce, and the buzz (2-hits/3-hrs) was worth it.
$200.00 today, won’t compare.
Kief will, for the buzz, not the weight, or cost

5 Likes

My friends and family are happy they know the source and how it was grown. So I keep growing.

9 Likes

With all the fentanyl coming in my trust for anything but my own is gone. Nobody can convince me the cartels do not have a large presence in our commercial growers lives. Cheap low grade weed laced is not beyond my imagination. Mold and pests. Who is going to toss 300lbs of grass with some mold but us. Profits ALWAYS override safety and quality for most greedy folks.

15 Likes

Around me since they only licensed a few growers in the entire state, there is no competition, they know this, and there is no need for them to try and better their product as the price they can get is pretty much the same across the board and thus they are more focused on the volume of sales, not the quality as they are able to sell everything they grow right now even if it’s crap since there is no competition… Plus the taxes are killing it, the growers need to sell cheap or else the dispensaries won’t buy because when you pile on the taxes the average customer is not going to pay twice for this vs that, thus no incentive to work on quality it’s all about getting it out the door as cheap as possible or else the average consumer will buy the other growers stuff to save $10…

Another issue I’m seeing and hearing about in my state is that all the growers are trying to make their own strains now to stand out, so they are cranking out new stuff all the time as fast as they can, just trying to entice people to buy it, again they don’t care about quality because they slap a ‘new strain’ sticker on it instead and people buy it, and even if it’s garbage they don’t care because the next ‘new strain’ is already growing for the next harvest and they likely will never even revisit last weeks ‘new strain’ let alone try to improve upon it…

Or course things are probably different in some states, but at least in my state it’s the regulation, licensing and taxes that are pushing most growers just to pump out products not focusing on quality but instead it’s all about how fast you can get it out the door in the largest quantity…

It’s very similar to say alcohol sales, it’s changing now and more and more microbrewers and microdistillers are getting licensed but most of us are old enough to remember when it was more regulated and there was only a handful of choices in the stores, not much of it was great, it was about pumping it out cheap and selling quantity, not quality because they basically held a monopoly on what was in the stores due to government regulation and licensing… Same thing happing now with marijuana…

11 Likes

Tumbling and auto packaging with tumbling is doing some damage. They aren’t growing it like we do. Not like I do at least. Not with leds, uva, far red.
The smoke from their bud is thin.
Dispensary’s sell bud grown under street lights and only care about total weight and money. If the bud sucks they make pens.
I need every single plant to grow a pound plus of smoke so smooth and thick you only need the one hit.
I seek out people to try it. I can’t believe it’s this good so I ask friend who work for dispensary’s what they think.
My friend works at a grow. Said they only hire idiots that have no experience. The theory the owners follow is do it our way. Experienced growers on day one say why do you use street lights?
All of what they do I get. Money and sterility matter. But it’s like they only read the stoner part of the internet from the 90s to build the place. Like they dreamed of it in high school and refuse to upgrade.
Unlimited electricity is great but Monsanto running things makes junk bud.

3 Likes

Volunteering for a test pilot position. Lol

3 Likes

I would beg to differ on that, in my state the license to grow is capped by canopy space and thus they want maximum yield per square foot, it’s a horrible business decision to be cheap on the lighting so I doubt they are using cheap lighting, it makes no sense…

1 Like

Didp. Vs personal grown. No contest unless you grow dirtweed seed, snd even those with love can be good.

Let me simplify it.   Mothers cooking vs commercial cooked.

Moms came out wiyh TLC every time.
4 Likes

I agree with you. It even seem way more dry/harsh. I like the way my stuff grinds up, doesnt dissolve into dust and yes i think the flavor is more prominent in homegrown.

2 Likes

I think dispensaries should be able to buy weed from all of us. They’d have much better quality. My herb tasted better 1.5 hours off of the plant than most tastes from the dispensaries. Let’s put the “for the people, by the people” back into the country.

7 Likes

The herb is way better now than in 1980

4 Likes

They do skimp on things like curing and fertilizers to keep costs down, though. The weed never tastes as good as home grown.

1 Like

I think we should be able to open Craft Weed stores that are owned and operated by private growers. And taxed in a lower bracket than a corporate owned entity thats only out for stock numbers. Treat it and tax it like a small buisness and give the people that actually have a passion for their products to sell them legally.

We all know that this will never happen with the current state of the world and how things are run. The Monsantos of the world already have us in thier grasp. Rolling out patented seeds that will eventually give them legal ground to attack and sue every private grower that has seeds or plants that can pollinate thier crops and violate patent laws. The way i see it right now theyre basically just letting all the big guys step out of the shadows and use thier money to get in on the game, then regulate and tax it to the point that everyone who enters the game loses by crashing the product value and preventing any kind of return. Then corperates swing in and buy up everything for pennies then rewrite the laws to ensure they stay in power.

7 Likes

Craft stores, like that idea, wished we were younger, i think a bed and buds Inn with the Amsterdam theme would have worked on the ranch.

9 Likes

That’s how it used to be in Vancouver prior to legalization. Pot stores everywhere, great strains from different growers, you could take a bud out and squeeze’n’sniff, as long as you had your medical referral. Which was $40 to see a “naturopathic” practitioner for one in the back room!
Now it’s legal, all those got closed down, can only buy from Gov’t approved outlets that sell the big company weed only. Sunrise is a big local supplier out here. But it’s all in sealed can’t-see-can’t-smell packages.
Sure miss the old days! Legalization isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. But at least we are allowed to grow 4 plants per household!

4 Likes

Ohhhh, a Bed and Bakfest :green_heart::metal::green_heart:

:point_up:Put a little mike Tyson accent on it :rofl:

5 Likes