Disinfect the grow room?

I set off a Pyrethrin bomb in my grow room, which is quite large. No need for a tent, well ventilated, and climate controlled.I wanted to ensure a pest free environment after the summer grow when the bugs are active. Yea, or Nay?

2 Likes

I spray the inside of my tent with a mix of water and bleach. Then I use Captain Jack’s Deadbug…

2 Likes

I’d wash everything down real well with alcohol spray make sure no residue from the bomb

2 Likes

Honestly a good bug killer is lemon juice and baking soda. Will leave a white film behind but kills the bugs. Can dilute third cup of lemon juice and a third cup baking soda with water it works well for washing out coco for reusing also lol. Strips off all the nutrients from prior use

:arrow_up:
What they said!

1 Like

The vital areas would be covered with plastic. The volume of the room is north of 3,000 CF. My understanding is pyrethrin is safe to use in a grow environment. That is too much hand spraying for a senior. Hence, the bomb.

1 Like

My HG 550’s arrive today. More than excited.

3 Likes

Nice. Well if it boils down to hand spraying get u a rainmaker backpack 2.5 gallon container and go to town. Pump air in tank and spray away. Awesome sprayers thru rainmaker. I’d be down. For the bomb as long as it is safe to use but with any bomb set off u r supposed to follow thru with a cleaning with wet rags and what nots to wipe up any residue left behind from knowledge as a kid. I remember my aunt’s having to set off flea bombs and shit every summer lol. They had tons of dogs tho atleast if u go thru and spray with alcohol strait itself it will evaporate without being wiped and kill whatever it touches. I hope the bomb works for u tho keep us posted as to what happens if u will. Always good to have new stuff brought to the table. Hell someone else might be able to use this in their grow space one day. Good luck and merry Christmas

2 Likes

Ordered Rainmaker this morning. Thanks for your detailed response. Fuck! I love growing marijuana! Merry Christmas to all who grow.

3 Likes

I have dry foggers on order. My husband was given a stipend and a list of health and safety items to choose from. We received a handheld steamer. I am considering using, but will test on a small patch first to make sure it is safe on the tent material. I’ll do anything to get rid of spider mites!

1 Like

Self gifting. Never have to worry about returns.

1 Like

Life’s been good to me so far.

2 Likes

That’s what the pros do, good job, now you can rest easy.

1 Like

Would you spray 70% alcohol undiluted? If not, what ratio of alcohol to water?

I would yes. Undiluted will evaporate a bit faster than diluting with water. I always spray my walls with alcohol after a grow. Just don’t spray wood finished products with alcohol aif u leave alcohol sit on wood it eats thru the coating and turns table tops white. I found this out dumping a bottle on the table in the kitchen lol. The white went away after a clean million wipes but thought the table was trashed after I seen that lol.

I use hydrogen peroxide works great and turns to water after where gloves or turns your hands white for couple hours but works great I think, spray it all over everything wipe it up let it air out done deal