Discoloration on Leaves

I just noticed that my plants are developing some brown patches / spots on their leaves. I also noticed recently that my plants are kind of taking on a yellow color. Leaves are all firmly attached.

Soil - FF OF
Ph of water - 6.5 - 5.7
4x4 tent with exhaust and active intake. Two fans one on the plants and one above.
Humidifier 55% RH
Robert Bergman Veg Nutes
Day temp 74 - night 69F

Do me a favor and fill this out. Pay particular attention to amounts, values, wattages etc to better help.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - I<3GM Strawberry Cough and WW
Method: Soil - FF Ocean Forest
Vessels: Air Pots
PH of Water, Solution, runoff - Water is 6.5-6.7ph
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable ?
Indoor or Outdoor - Indoor
Light system - Spiderfarmer 4000
Temps; 74 / 69 Day / Night
Humidity; 55%
Ventilation system; Yes, - 6inch
Humidifer
Co2; Yes

Closed loop system? Or bags? FYI CO2 is done in a closed loop system with high partial pressures (toxic) with HIGH intensity lighting. If none of those don’t waste your time.

This is where a TDS meter would be useful. It’s entirely possible that moisture got onto some leaves and ‘lensing’ under the lights burned them. If your PH was out of range at some point it can do that as well. I suspect the yellowing is either due to out of range PH (lockout) or your plant is got some other N lockout. FFOF is plenty for the first 6 weeks of growth and nothing else needs to be added.

I was suspecting lockout as well. However, I was worried this might be Septoria. Although my environment isn’t that humid.

I’m using a bag system.

1 Like

You can discontinue the bag. It just doesn’t generate any meaningful amount (and I’m a retired whiskey distiller so should know). Probably gets stinky after a while too.

Double check the calibration of your PH meter. Just in case. A good purchase is 7.0 Standard Reference Solution which you can dip your meter in to verify it’s still reading correctly.

1 Like

Sounds good. Thank you! So you’re not thinking Septoria I take it?

1 Like

As someone else said; they’ve been on this forum for years and have never seen it. I have but that ain’t it haha. You’re good.

1 Like

Thank you. You’ve helped me a couple times now, and I really appreciate it.