Disaster narrowly averted. This could’ve been bad

That is crazy. Those poor plants, probably screaming their heads off for you to come help. And where were you? Prob laying on the couch passed out because of the reefer cigarettes :upside_down_face:
But seriously, you are really lucky from the looks of things @Drinkslinger

2 Likes

Yup, stupid.
Yup, lucky.

Fortunately I can repair the damage for around hundred dollars in lumber. But it will leave a lasting memory of what might’ve happened.

On a good note maybe the stress of being on fire will cause the plant to put on some extra weight and resin in the next week.

4 Likes

God was on your side bro. Had a fire happen in a trailer home I was staying in with a family member. Went up in flames. Had to live in motels or family and friends houses. No one was hurt thank god. Got back on our feet but anyways damn I’m glad you’re ok. Sending prayers and good vibes your way!

4 Likes

Glad everyone is safe

2 Likes

Whoa sweetie, that couldve been bad! Happy you are here to tell us about it.

2 Likes

Holy shit I’m glad it was not worse someone was watching over you all

1 Like

I just found out my neighbor saw it at 4am and tried calling me (I changed numbers a month ago). He also was banging on my door,(I’d eaten a few treats and was dead to the world).
He said it looked like flaming lava dripping from the top deck to the bottoms deck. Said he watched it for 30 minutes. Couldn’t reach it with his hose. Debated calling the fire dept, after he couldn’t rouse me, but it somehow burned itself out after 20min so he went to bed.
My gf is not happy with my foolishness.

Very humbled by all of this.

4 Likes

@Drinkslinger yeah that is crazy that was a fan issue sounds like did it burn from the gfi or at the fan ?

If it was the fan I would be contacting the fan manufacturer and sending them some pictures and be like WTF ???

I’ll Looks like motor overheated. Burned the plastic, must’ve sent sparks into the privacy fabric (which is plastic), lit that on fire, then as it flamingly melted, ignited everything it touched.

I’m still dumbfounded as to how it just stopped. The decking is literally charred, burned through, and was still smoking when I woke up.

Perhaps all the rain we’ve been getting managed to saturate things enough to stop it.

1 Like

You got really lucky I would get ahold of the fan manufacturer definitely I’m just glad it did go out

There is a recall on Lasko fans from that era. Go figure.
Apparently they were catching on fire.

Check your fans people. Check them please.

3 Likes

Dude you need to contact them then because that could’ve been a big disaster I would be all over them like stink on shit

Luckiest day of my life.

I did buy a lottery ticket later that day. Hoping my luck would continue.

2 Likes

The problem is it was used outside. I don’t think these fans are rated for outside use

1 Like

I concur.

But it was under a roof. And there was no rain.
Either way, I will not repeat this mistake. I’d rather lose my whole grow than burn my house down.

1 Like

Regardless I would I use my fans outside on the porch all the time and if they had a recall on it even more reason to get a hold of them it won’t hurt all they can do is say tough ? I’m just saying @Drinkslinger if it’s recalled man it wouldn’t hit to tell them about it a fast email to see what they say ? I’m I wrong?

Problem is. The fan is completely torched. No numbers to run.

All I want is to warn people of the danger I narrowly escaped.

1 Like

That’s why I say also alert the fan company because if they’re selling fans that are catching fire like that it could save a lot of lives

1 Like

I’ll do that. It won’t hurt anything to let them know.

1 Like